Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-05-2013, 03:22 PM   #1
evastears

Drives: Yaris Verso
Question Not heated side mirrors

Hi guys,

I am new at toyota, new at yaris :)

I have just got a 2004 yaris verso, 1.4 d4d and iam very happy with it. So far - 2-3 weeks, a bit over 1.000km - everything went very well and no problem.

The only thing as i see problem is; there is no heating in the side mirrors ! I live in north europe and in the winter that is an essential necessity for all. I didn't even think there would not be heating in the side mirrors. My '99 model mitsubishi even had it, with electric control mirrors :) But this yaris is fully manual. There is no lever or anytihng at all.

I really have no idea how i will pass through coming winter ! Already now the mornings started to be cold and the mirrors are getting blurry and wet.

Is it possible to insert some kind of mirror heating system later on or what would you recommend ?

Please give me some ideas

Thanks all.
evastears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Welcome! I was in Helsinki this past July and ran into many Yaris there.

The 1st generation Yaris and Yaris Verso did have mirror heaters in some areas where the car was sold. On the ones with mirror heaters there is not a switch, but rather the mirror heaters are one whenever the rear window defroster switch is turned on. The easiest way to tell if yours has them is to hold your hand on the mirror and turn on the rear defroster to see if the mirror heats up.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:53 PM   #3
evastears

Drives: Yaris Verso
Nope, there is no heaters, but i have come out with this ; http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-mirrors.html

I don't know if i can but maybe i should get that heated grips and ask someone to do... Or i should improve myself before the winter :)

Winter is coming...

Thank you
evastears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:02 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by evastears View Post
Nope, there is no heaters, but i have come out with this ; http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd...d-mirrors.html

I don't know if i can but maybe i should get that heated grips and ask someone to do... Or i should improve myself before the winter :)

Winter is coming...

Thank you
Something like that would be fine, or I have seen mirror heater kits for sale, which are basically the same type of a little heating pad.