Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-04-2007, 03:22 PM   #19
Nivyn

Drives: Blk Sand Pearl 2007 Yaris LE
sounds pretty crazy. Hope you get it figured out soon
Nivyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 10:34 PM   #20
bugnuts

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback BBP
If it happens again do the old soap and water trick to find the leak, make sure you check the valve stem as suggested earlier in this thread, I had a set of aluminum rims on a pickup once and in the winter I would have to fill all four tires every week (shrinkage). I also used to work at a aluminum wheel factory, general motors would constantly recieve wheels from us that had porosity in the metal (kinda' like a sponge) that caused leaks, Once they had a brand new corvette setting in the showroom at Detroit with four flat tires (they were pissed!)
bugnuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 02:42 AM   #21
Meldav86

Drives: 2007 Blzng Blue Yaris Liftback
hmm the wheels from a new yaris sounds like a good idea. They replaced 1 rim (the original rim that was on the front) and that didnt seem to be the problem.

Yes the dealer is doing all the work, and they are also teamed up with les shwab tires as well. I will suggest maybe going to another les shwab in the area besides the one near the dealer and having the manager come along. The manager of the service center really wants to figure out whats going on. They are being so nice about it its hard for me to get mad . . . i guess i got a good dealer compared to some of the horror stories i have seen on this boardredface:

Also the soapy water on the valve stem is something i will try tomorrow afternoon and let you guys know whats going on with it.

Thank you guys for all the ideas/support, i really dont know what to do anymore and all this is really giving me hope I will talk to my dealer tomorrow and suggest some of these ideas. THANK YOU!!!

So the rims could be causing the leak because of the material they are made out of?? I have the 18 inch trd rims . . . i think they are alloy+alluminum. Should i get different rims?
Meldav86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 12:15 PM   #22
60 Somethings
Old Folks

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB, 2006 4Runner V8
If the metal in the rims is properly manufactured, it should not be porous.

Remember, besides the tire "bead" and the stems, there is also the little screw-in valve inside each stem. Replacing the stems would take care of that variable, too.
Old 01-05-2007, 04:05 PM   #23
eflb55
its EF LB 55

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 Sedan (US)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07WYarisRS View Post
Did they try replacing the valve?

BTW Never put the donut on the front. It's very hard on the transaxle/transmission as i
m sure you are aware. Best to use a jack and a jack stand and put the tire from the rear on the front and the donut on the rear At the soonest possible time until you can have it changed
That sounds pretty believable in my opinion. Does the car pull at all when the front tire is at normal pressure? Might be possible that extra pressure is slowly being put on the tire and affecting it somehow.
eflb55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 04:09 PM   #24
Meldav86

i dont notice that it pulls at all. but i havent been looking for that to happen so maybe i will notice it now. So what might be wrong the transaxle/transmission?? I dont know when or where the tire blew out in portland when the dealer drove my car here, but i know when it did blow out they drove it all the way here on the donut which was on the front. hmmm. . . can someone elaborate exactly what might be wrong with the transaxle?? I drove it for a day on the front and a few times in between.
Old 01-05-2007, 08:40 PM   #25
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meldav86 View Post
All the tires are now set to 40 lbs, so over the next two days ill be checking ALL of the tires. They also told me that they rotated the front tires to the back back tires to the front to see what happens. I will definatly keep you guys posted over the next few days.
wich crack head set your air pressures to 40lbs. With 18's and those tires, you should be running 30lbs
Old 01-05-2007, 08:43 PM   #26
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
BTW when you recieved your car with the upgraded TRD wheel they gave you your stock wheels as well, correct? Because you are entitled to them, since you did pay for them, then you paid for the TRD wheels... so I hope you did not pay for 8 wheels and tires and only ended up with 4.
Old 01-06-2007, 03:34 AM   #27
Meldav86

i paid only $1000 for the tires and rims, should have been 2000. I paid half because i didnt originally want the rims i just wanted power package and the only car they could find in 4 months was fully loaded every single add on. no i did not get my original wheels and the dealer and les shwab both said my tires should be at 40 to 45 lbs for the tire size.
Old 08-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #28
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
If you are still around did you get this issue resolved? Just curious.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote