Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-02-2010, 12:17 AM   #1
theconspiracymarket

Drives: '05 Yaris YRX
Pics of New LED Tail Lights Installed Today

Hey Guys,

Here are some pics of the new LED tail lights I just bought off eBay. Turns out the guy I bought them off lives up the road so I picked them up and installed them in under 30 minutes. Gotta wait till tonight for some photos of them in action

Also just debadged the rear and added the 'yaris' logo engraved exhaust tip. Car has been lowered on springs recently too.

Cheers,
Dan
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG00179-20100802-1220.jpg (120.5 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00180-20100802-1233.jpg (113.9 KB, 409 views)
File Type: jpg IMG00181-20100802-1233.jpg (133.2 KB, 409 views)
theconspiracymarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:44 AM   #2
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
those are sweet! Were they plug n play? or was there wiring involved?

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
eddy
love to drive

Drives: 2010 yaris sedan
Very nice. do you have pictures of the engraved exhaust like to see
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 01:26 AM   #4
theconspiracymarket

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qmobile View Post
those are sweet! Were they plug n play? or was there wiring involved?
They were Plug N Play, so it was a very simple install Next step is to replace the headlights with Halos I'm thinking. Or do you guys think there are better looking headlights? (I prefer the darker grey/black looks)

Here's a close up of the Yaris engraved tip.

Old 08-02-2010, 10:47 AM   #5
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Those black projector headlights on ebay are what is going on my car as soon as I build up the strength to put them on. lol

I have done nothing but work on my yaris since i bought it a month ago (exhaust, cai, etc).

I think I might be the toyo clear tails cuz they are on sale at trdsparks for $99.

Looks great and can't wait to see the headlights too!
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 03:27 PM   #6
severous01

Drives: 2008 yaris, stripped, red
halos or gay-lo's??? i think they're the same any way...

i'd go projector if there was a decent kit out there. everyone i know that has the cheap ebay projector kits melt the lenses. but those are all on trucks and other cars, never had experience w yaris projectors.

i'd go ahead and get the setup for HID and install it all at the same time. and lemme know how it turns out. i'd like something other than stock look on mine, but the stock lenses are ok, and the beam pattern is awesome. so, if i can get a HID setup i'd stay stock and paint what isnt needed for the beam patterns red or black. my car is red....
severous01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2010, 08:41 PM   #7
theconspiracymarket

My stock headlights are starting to 'yellow' and 'haze' a little bit, so ideally I would like a completely new unit with LEDs and Bright White Halogen Bulbs (or whatever's brighter/whiter than stock bulbs).

The black caseing also matches that of the rear lights. I don't really want to remove the stock lights, clean and paint them, install new bulbs and wire it all up...plus I like the look of some of the aftermarket head lights. Yeah they may be a bit 'ricey' but it does help change the appearance of the little bubble Yaris into a somewhat more intimidating beast haha!

So yeah if you guys know of any other cool looking aftermarket Yaris headlights let us know!

ALSO: After install I don't have any reverse light. Am I correct that the reverse light is only on the left hand rear side? Or does it come out of BOTH tail lights? There was a strange white wire soldered to the stock reverse light housing on the original tail lights. I just cut this and kept it in reach if I needed it later. I thought it may have been a wire for parking sensors or GPS or something but could that have been the reverse wire? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 08-03-2010, 07:58 AM   #8
spookz
JDM yO!

Drives: '09 3dr. 5-spd
If I'm not wrong the 05-07 Yaris only has 1 reverse light in Australia. The other side is a rear fog light.

spookz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2010, 11:14 AM   #9
Prohibit
Verbieten Sie

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Prohibit Send a message via MSN to Prohibit Send a message via Yahoo to Prohibit
Cool :)

Hatchback Purist? Be sure to drop in and register. New forum with a great clean design and potential.
Prohibit is offline   Reply With Quote