Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #73
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Actually i have an A/T (wife didn't want manual). I wanted an additional 2" shifter height extension for ergonomics because of the armrest I recently installed (shift knob now is too low to rest hand on and wanted to raise it up a bit).

Perhaps I need a taller shift knob instead lol.

I'll check out HD again for some rubber/foam weatherstripping, thanks for the tip.

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:40 AM   #74
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDefeat View Post
I think mi has pretty much the best prices youll find for new... good luck finding those used :)
I was hoping

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
Old 06-04-2010, 02:16 PM   #75
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
I really like that HP lip that you've done and considering it myself now. On holidays this coming week so might be making a trip to my local Home Depot. :)
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:44 PM   #76
toy_toronto
always toyin'

When you do, this is the stuff you want. It's ultra soft and flexible as heck, like a memory foam almost.

It should withstand any climate, they're heavy duty and meant to go under your garage door bottom, lol.

Part Number: Garage Door Bottom

Last edited by toy_toronto; 06-04-2010 at 03:06 PM.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:27 AM   #77
white_rice

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
When you do, this is the stuff you want. It's ultra soft and flexible as heck, like a memory foam almost.

It should withstand any climate, they're heavy duty and meant to go under your garage door bottom, lol.

Part Number: Garage Door Bottom

Thank you very much. Your post was VERY helpful with the SKU and all mentioned. I went this afternoon and picked up the exact item you mentioned. Is there any write-up somewhere on YW on a easy install procedure, as I really like how yours turned out and would like mine to look the same.
Old 06-06-2010, 12:35 PM   #78
toy_toronto
always toyin'

A member posted a pic on this thread who also owns a meteorite and gave me the idea, so off I go and I searched this site and everywhere for this infamous "home depot" front lip . They are out there on audis, G35s, subarus, hondas, toyotas etc. I even found a Civic thread dedicated with 30+ pages on this, some looked pretty cool/decent and are tastefully done, but others the others not so much lol.

You might notice other peoples HD lip look sort of flared out a bit more compared to mine which is less 'aggressive'. Just make sure to do it when it's nice and warm outside for better adhesion to the bumper and surfaces are clean. Here's a good tutorial you can try but I did not do the zip ties.

Good luck :)

Old 06-08-2010, 09:12 AM   #79
white_rice

Well I did the custom lip install last night. I removed the front bumper to make it easier. I also had to do a couple of other things anyways since I bought Toyota OEM foglight shrouds since the ones from MI had not so perfect fitment. I also put on a couple deer whistlers in behind since I've come way too close, living out on the boonies. Back to the main topic, mine didn't turn out HALF as well as yours. I couldn't figure out which direction to put it in so ended up cutting the stripping down the centre and well I'm just not happy with it whatsoever. I'll leave it there for now but if it falls off I won't be overly disappointed. LOL
Old 06-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #80
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Hey there, sorry to hear the HD lip install did not turn out well

I must’ve lucked out since I managed to get it on the 1st attempt. By the way, what part of ontario are you located at?

Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rice View Post
I couldn't figure out which direction to put it in so ended up cutting the stripping down the centre and well I'm just not happy with it whatsoever.
Here's a quick diagram of the lip and which direction I mounted it on mine:

Old 06-08-2010, 12:18 PM   #81
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
You've done a nice job with that HD lip there toy.

Now can I get you to satisfy my morbid sense of curiousity? Take some of your leftover door seal, and see if it can be affixed to the underside of the rocker panels.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:34 PM   #82
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Thanks weeyari.

Unfortunately since I only had a couple of small pieces left from the job they have long been discarded… However though, I think you might be onto something here. Hmmm.

Old 06-08-2010, 04:04 PM   #83
white_rice

Thanks Toy. Your diagrams are extremely helpful with all the detail and specs BTW. In fact, I see now where I messed up. I cut off the discarded the section that you would have stuck to the bumper. That very small thin lip on the bottom of the other piece is what I attached to the bumper. By cutting my seal in half you can clearly see where my cuts were made and it's not such a pretty picture. I will roll with it for now and may tackle it again down the road properly.

I'm in located in Scotland, south-west of Brantford.
Old 06-08-2010, 08:07 PM   #84
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Ah now it makes sense what you ended up doing. At least you'll know what to do next time.

I thought perhaps you lived not too far from me I would've loved to help you out. Turns out we're at least 2 hours apart

I live in Ajax (east of GTA).