Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-24-2009, 01:37 PM   #1
jake002

Drives: Yaris 2007 Sedan
Yaris does not start

Hi All,
A week ago my wife started the car (2007 yaris sedan...purchased in 04/2006) using the remote starter and it started fine.
We decided not to drive that morning and the car engine stopped after the 5 minutes or so.

That evening we tried to start the car again and it would not start again. The lights come on all the accessories work fine. The wipers come on. However, the car does not start, no clicks no engine startup noise or cranking. Nothing at all. The engine does not start with the remote starter OR manually (key start)

The remote starter does not unlock/lock the car either. We can unlock car from the one master key...so I am confused why the remote would not work to atleast lock/unlock.

We thought the battery had died due to the cold(-25deg Celsius) so we tried charging it using a battery pack...that did not work either.

I checked the main starter fuse and it looks ok.

The battery light comes on when I put the keys in and stays there (the engine does not start so I guess it will go off only when the engine starts).

Any ideas/tips on what the problem could be? Maybe the battery pack itself is not enough to charge the battery (even though it has charged my MPV van before).?
Thanks for any help/pointers

edit: btw, the transmission is Automatic.
-Jake

Last edited by jake002; 12-24-2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: additional info
jake002 is offline   Reply With Quote