Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2015, 04:22 PM   #1
MustiRauf

Drives: 2007 Toyota Vitz 1.0
New to the Yaris Family.

HI all. So bought this 07 Vitz a month back. had clocked 80k but it's in pretty good nick. There are a few issues but nothing major.

Anyways, been doing a few DIY's and thought I might ask.

1) My car came equipped wit the plastic 3 spoke steering wheel. I hate the feel so bought a leather steering from the junk yard. The steering didnt come with the airbag module and I thought I could just pop the one in from the current steering and replace it with the l/steering.

Problem is, I noticed the airbag is held by 2 screws at the side of the plastic steering while the leather steering dose not have any screw hole in the sides. Can I still make the switch or do I have to get a new air bag module (possibly with the steering control switches)?

The original plastic steering

The leather steering I bought from a JY

You can notice there are no screws at the sides of the steering cover.

is this the kind of airbag and control I need to buy for the new steering?

2) My car also didnt have any fog lights so just for the heck of it, I bought some cheap chinese fogs. The bulb in one of the houseings busted on the first day and the output is pathetic.

Anyways, a friend has some valeo (Belgium) fog lights with Osram h11's. Was thinking if they would fit in the stock housings? I asked him the dia and he said they were 3.5".

The valeo fogs that my friend is selling

Any help would be great . Thanks alot guys
MustiRauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 03:23 AM   #2
MustiRauf

Drives: 2007 Toyota Vitz 1.0
??????????????
MustiRauf is offline   Reply With Quote