Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-06-2009, 10:53 PM   #37
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir A.Y. Atoyot View Post
Apparently, if you visit China and make the right contacts with the local Red Army organization, you can have a go with any of their weaponry you like- live ammo and everything. Not cheap.

Even less cheap, you can fly a MiG-29 trainer in Russia or an old English Electric Lightning (even faster) in South Africa.

Fun and games for the seriously rich.
Somehow I am not surprised. LoL! I have heard similar stories from a friend who met his wife in some small village in China and another friend who frequents Thailand.
Old 07-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #38
goke

Drives: yaris 5 dr hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir A.Y. Atoyot View Post
You won't ever see me visiting Texas. Not my kind of place, no offence meant.

The original poster lives where I live, though, in British Columbia, Canada, and that makes him my problem, at least potentially.

His arsenal (#13 in this thread) would no doubt make him one of the "good 'ol' boys" in Texas, but in BC it makes him a public danger, in my opinion. All of those guns are at least restricted if not outright prohibited in this jurisdiction.

The shotgun looks more like a military weapon than something you shoot ducks with. I doubt that anyone could even get a license for that one or the hand cannon. The smaller pistols should be possible to license for someone with a good reason for owning one. I'd be surprised if any of them are licensed, though.
You are wrong on all counts. Gun owners in Canada are about the most law abiding group in this Country. They have to be if they want to be able to own and use firearms.
There is a massive gun culture here, most of the people I know own and shoot and I am an urbanite, not a country bumpkin. Look at canadiangunnutz.com- it a huge active site with 20k plus members.

The guns in the pic are a mix of unrestricted, restricted and prohibited firearms. All perfectly legal as well as being stored and transported legally.

One of the main problems with this country are kneejerk sheep who refuse to take responsibilty for their own actions and their own safety and don't believe others should either.
goke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 01:28 AM   #39
CtrlAltDefeat
I ♥ Yaris

Drives: Black 08 LB MT & red 97 Miata
My mom is over 50 years old and carries a .32 everywhere she goes, for her personal protection. I want one for my home protection, but my wife won't let me have one, so I have to make due with the ol' louisville slugger...

The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure
and the intelligent are full of doubt. - Bertrand Russell
CtrlAltDefeat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:39 AM   #40
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Quote:
Originally Posted by goke View Post
You are wrong on all counts. Gun owners in Canada are about the most law abiding group in this Country. They have to be if they want to be able to own and use firearms.
There is a massive gun culture here, most of the people I know own and shoot and I am an urbanite, not a country bumpkin. Look at canadiangunnutz.com- it a huge active site with 20k plus members.

The guns in the pic are a mix of unrestricted, restricted and prohibited firearms. All perfectly legal as well as being stored and transported legally.

One of the main problems with this country are kneejerk sheep who refuse to take responsibilty for their own actions and their own safety and don't believe others should either.

Well said!

We have the same problems with kneejerk sheep here, even here in Texas; although compared to most other states we've got it pretty good!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 04:55 PM   #41
Sir A.Y. Atoyot

Drives: '08 5-door
Quote:
Originally Posted by goke View Post

Baaa!

How about another group of kneejerk sheeps who adopt the nutty beliefs of folks in another country with a different history and 'way different priorities?

At least you seem to have gained some fans in Texas. Maybe you've noticed, though - being armed to the teeth is not fashionable in B.C. unless you're a ganster.
Sir A.Y. Atoyot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 06:27 PM   #42
toyo

Drives: toyota
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Cmon, who carjacks a Yaris? Really...

Cheers

in my country yaris is one of the most popular cars to steal :(
Old 07-12-2009, 08:52 PM   #43
Yaris Hilton
Half a Bubble Off Plumb

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan
Smile

Here are some of mine in the trunk:

From the top, there's a Swiss 1911 Schmidt-Rubin infantry rifle, a German 1888 "Commission" infantry rifle, an 1893 Turkish Mauser, and a 1915 New England Westinghouse manufactured Russian M91 Mosin-Nagant. These musket-length infantry rifles are about the longest ones made in the smokeless powder era, all well over 4 feet long, and they fit in the Yaris sedan's trunk. They don't completely fit in the camera at this distance, alas.
Yaris Hilton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2009, 10:57 PM   #44
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
I shot a bud's Mosin-Nagant last weekend, it has a nice recoil to it but it was a blast to shoot!

I just picked up a bubba-ized SKS last week, and snagged some TAPCO mags for it yesterday at the local gun show. It will probably be a couple of weeks before I get to shoot it, but we just got clearance to shoot at a military range near here and it'll be the first thing I try there!

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote