Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-20-2017, 05:41 AM   #1
GimpArm
I've made a post!

Drives: 2017 Yaris Style Hybrid
Ordered a 2017 Style Selection Hybrid

I just ordered my first Yaris, a 2017 Style Selection Hybrid in metallic blue. I got it with every option available except the panoramic roof. It is supposed to arrive on August 18 and I'm pretty excited. This will be my first Toyota and first hybrid I've owned, although my parents are on their 2nd Prius now so I'm not completely foreign to them.

Right now my biggest concern is with the Touch & Go system. I'm a little disappointed that Toyota isn't going with the Apple or Android car systems but I got the car anyways since the rest of the specs fit what I'm looking for. Is there much 3rd party modification of the system? Or any projects to use something like a Raspberry Pi as a gateway? What about simple things like disabling that stupid agree screen for navigation?
GimpArm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 10:25 AM   #2
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Welcome and congrats on the purchase!

Wish I could be more help with your questions, but I drive an '07 with an aftermarket head unit and none of the newer interior tech. Hopefully others will chime in.

Looking fwd to some pics and additional feedback when you take delivery.

On Wheelwell
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #3
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Drives: 2015 Yaris LE 3door 1F7
can you see if they have LHD black trim interior pieces ie the squishy trim, looking to buy so can retrofit for my 2015

give me a price and shipping also you can really become a serious player for us USA folks if your looking to get some europarts over here for us to retrofit let us know.

those colorered interior pieces are <3
DarkShadowFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2017, 08:52 PM   #4
DarkShadowFox
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpArm View Post
I just ordered my first Yaris, a 2017 Style Selection Hybrid in metallic blue. I got it with every option available except the panoramic roof. It is supposed to arrive on August 18 and I'm pretty excited. This will be my first Toyota and first hybrid I've owned, although my parents are on their 2nd Prius now so I'm not completely foreign to them.

Right now my biggest concern is with the Touch & Go system. I'm a little disappointed that Toyota isn't going with the Apple or Android car systems but I got the car anyways since the rest of the specs fit what I'm looking for. Is there much 3rd party modification of the system? Or any projects to use something like a Raspberry Pi as a gateway? What about simple things like disabling that stupid agree screen for navigation?

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/...ice-specs-tech

for reference photos.
Old 08-16-2017, 08:54 PM   #5
DarkShadowFox
Banned

like these pieces, if they come in an LHD version id love them

as they bolt right up

http://parkers.bauercdn.com/PageFile...yotaYaris1.jpg
Old 10-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #6
Tebypoeno

Drives: Man
Ordered a 2017 Style Selection Hybrid

Are you guys removing the battery or leaving it hooked up in the car with the tender attached?
Tebypoeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:01 AM   #7
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tebypoeno View Post
Are you guys removing the battery or leaving it hooked up in the car with the tender attached?
Leave connected. Works for keeping acc on so the battery doesn't drain while testing amps and stuffs.

Just don't start the car, or the alternator will send large current to you charger/tender.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 11-01-2017, 07:37 AM   #8
sickpuppy1

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
not to mention you would loose all the radio stations,lol