Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

View Poll Results: What would you pay for a steering wheel extension? Note the three option types.
up to $400 for a fixed extension of 1" 0 0%
up to $800 for a fixed extension of 1" 0 0%
over $1200 for a fixed extension of 1" 0 0%
up to $400 for a fixed extension of 2" 2 5.26%
up to $800 for a fixed extension of 2" 0 0%
over $1200 for a fixed extension of 2" 0 0%
up to $500 for a telescopic extension up to 2" 5 13.16%
up to $1000 for a telescopic extension up to 2" 1 2.63%
over $1500 for a telescopic extension up to 2" 1 2.63%
I am happy with my steering wheel the way it is 29 76.32%
Voters: 38. You may not vote on this poll

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-28-2009, 01:50 AM   #1
wornways

Drives: 2009 Yaris Sedan Stickshift
How much would you pay for a warranty supported steering wheel extension? (3d try)

If Toyota provided warranty supported aftermarket Yaris steering wheel options that extended the fixed or telescopic reach of the steering wheel by 1 to 2 inches, how much would you be willing to pay, and for which options?

The poll choices are in four sections. The first three deal with prices ranges for a fixed steering wheel extension of 1 inch. The second three deal with price ranges for a fixed extension of 2 inches. The third set of three deal with a telescopic extension of up to 2 inches. The last option is for those who are happy with their steering wheel the way it is.

The reason I'm posting this poll is because I'm exceptionally unhappy with the steering wheel and I want to get an idea just how alone I am in my misery. I can't reach it when I'm sitting comfortably, and I can't drive safely when I've got my knees mashed up under my chin in order to reach it.

I've opted for safe discomfort relative to unsafe extreme discomfort. However, as the months wear on, the middle part of my back has fallen into extreme chronic pain brought on by my having to hunch toward the steering wheel with my arms held plumb straight forward to grip it properly. The solution is simple, extend the steering wheel so it's reachable from a relaxed sitting position for people taller than, say, an Oompa Loompa. But, Toyota doesn't provide this option. And not one of the 50 or so automotive shops I've consulted with will touch the steering wheel because of various liability issues.

Hence the poll. If I'm not the only one, and others would pay for a Toyota installed and supported steering wheel extension, then maybe Toyota Corporate would consider providing this option for those of us not of Oompa Loompan ancestry.
wornways is offline   Reply With Quote