Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Southwest
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-05-2009, 08:23 PM   #1
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Yaris Spotting in Texas!

OK, there are similar threads over in the other regional rooms, I thought I would start one on here to see if other YW folks are in my area.

There are two black LBs near me in San Antonio, one has nice rims on it and I believe the owner works at Zion Lutheran Church at 1604 and Braun as I see it parked there all the time. I want to stop one of these days and take pictures of our two cars together as they are very similar. I wonder if it is the same one I see up by Northwest Vista College on occasion, as I believe it has a Alamo Community College parking decal on the back window.

There is another black LB on Bandera Road where I think the owner works at one of the convenience stores as I've seen it parked there several times.

So, anyone else in and or around the San Antonio area?

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:37 AM   #2
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
I live just south of Fort Worth and I see all sorts of other Yari on the road. Non with really any mods done to them. Im thinking about making so flyers and passing them out when I them.
lilredrocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 12:20 PM   #3
MadMax

In my old Jeep club, we made business cards to leave on Jeeps. If someone was willing to make a template for YarisWorld cards in MS Word, folks here could print them out on cheap business card stock and leave them on Yarii as we see them. It is a cheap and easy way to get more folks on the forum...

Cheers! M2
Old 03-07-2009, 09:26 PM   #4
MadMax

Oh, and I forgot to add that there are at least two other Yarii in my neighborhood, a beautiful blue three-door LB just down the street from me, and another black three-door LB with the factory mag wheels on it a few blocks away. That one is a little more beat up...

Cheers! M2
Old 03-08-2009, 04:31 PM   #5
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
Okay, I'll bite. Highly unlikely that this person is on the forum but there is a black Yaris that lives in Missouri City area and attends First United Methodist Church in Mo City. Holla at me if its you I'm talking about.
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #6
MadMax

Was passed by another black LB this morning on 151 going towards downtown, it came off 1604 behind me. It was dark so all I could tell was that it had the factory wheel covers (what we old folk call hubcaps) on it.

I waved as it went by, but I don't think the driver was looking...still, always cool to see another Yaris!

Oh, and I got some cards made up over the weekend, just stole the YW logo at the top of the forum and added some info. I'll start dropping them on the Yarii I see around town, maybe we'll get some more SA Yaris drivers on here!

Cheers! M2
Old 03-10-2009, 12:25 AM   #7
andruboz
boohachimono

Drives: 07 hb
Send a message via AIM to andruboz
i stay a wee bit north of San Antone. new braunfels, and my black hatch sticks out like a turd in a punch bowl..

but the guy up the street might be a college kid and he has an '08 black hatch with hubcaps. pretty much stock.
andruboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 08:51 AM   #8
MadMax

Actually, the black LB I saw yesterday passed me again today (he must be peddling a lot harder than I am!). The driver still didn't look when he passed, but I noticed it was a four-door LB so it had to be an 09.

The local NAPA Auto Parts store near me uses a Yaris as a delivery vehicle, but it has no advertising or markings on it. I saw a LB from Olmos Pharmacy that was marked, it was pretty cool...

We occassionally go up to the NB area, and of course one of these days we need to get around to our YW Meet & Greet up in Gruene...

Cheers! M2
Old 03-10-2009, 11:03 AM   #9
texkid
The one with cheese on it

Drives: '10 Corolla S
I know for a fact that there is a Houston police officer that lives in my area and drives an Absolutely Red LB. In fact, once in a while when we catch each other on opposites sides, I'll honk and he'll wave back. He's freaking cool!

Also, there was a Silver stock LB at the Java Dave's coffee shop where I sometimes go to study. I nodded and he nodded back. Its all good!
texkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:17 PM   #10
MadMax

Since it was a somewhat nice day today, I decided to take "the long way" home. Along the way, I took a couple of pics of Sprocket in front of a couple of local landmarks. Here are a couple of pics...

(Click on thumbnails for full-sized pics)

On my way out of Castroville this afternoon (around 2:30pm) I passed another black LB with blacked-out emblems going towards the town on RR 471. I waved and got a wave back!

About a half hour later, I stopped to take a couple of pics with some longhorns in the background...

(Again, click on thumbnails for full-sized pics)

...and a while LB drove by. I waved at the lady driving it, and she returned my wave as well!

Cheers! M2
Old 03-10-2009, 09:31 PM   #11
andruboz
boohachimono

Drives: 07 hb
Send a message via AIM to andruboz
i like the 5 spokes. gonna put my 14" 5 spoke Kosei's back on as soon as i wear out the tires on my 15's.
just a little paranoid i'm going to damage the 15's in the line of duty when i want to save them for something sporting when I retire the yaris from its job.
andruboz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 09:49 PM   #12
MadMax

Actually, I bought Sprocket new with those wheels on it. The 17" wheels are not quick, but the Raptor tires grip like crazy so whereas I am not fast, I can maintain speed in corners quite well. On RR 471 from Castroville to Helotes, there are numerous 90 degree and sweeping curves, making it a fun drive without going too far over the speed limit. The local Constables have a tendency to patrol it a lot, so only being 5-10 over keeps me out of trouble...

Cheers! M2
Old 03-11-2009, 03:14 PM   #13
MadMax

PK, I am beginning to think there are more Yarii running around here than I first thought!

On my way home this afternoon, around 1:15pm I spotted another black 3-door LB heading southeast on 151 just past where it connects to 1604. It had stock wheel covers and tinted windows. I waved but the road is divided and they were too far away for me to see if they waved back!

Cheers! M2
Old 03-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #14
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I see like 2-3 a day very rarely the same one twice! I wave and people wave back but they are all old and probably think I'm being nice.
Old 03-17-2009, 07:35 AM   #15
MadMax

I dropped my first YarisWorld card on a black Yaris that I saw at a Chevron station over at Bandera Road. I think the owner works there as I see it parked in front of the store all the time. Now the waiting begins to see if they make it to this forum.

And while going for a walk last evening, my wife and I saw a red Yaris in our neighborhood. That makes for four total including mine in a neighborhood of about 2000 homes. Nothing compared to the number of Mazda 3s or Ford F-150s, but it's a start!

Cheers! M2
Old 03-17-2009, 02:28 PM   #16
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

I saw one on the way to the airport this morning to pick up my girlfriend. It was the bayou blue with looked like a grandma driving
Old 03-17-2009, 04:07 PM   #17
custom Lftback

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Send a message via Yahoo to custom Lftback
the only yaris in my neighborhood is a sedan about 4 houses down. Other than that, very few yarii driving around. I've seen a couple a walmart. one was white, it had a drop and rims on it, but couldn't catch up to him before he drove off lol.
custom Lftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2009, 07:06 PM   #18
MadMax

I dropped another card this afternoon, a black LB with 17" rims on it parked at the Lutheran church up the road from me. It's parked there all the time, must work there.

Saw a blue 5-door going through the neighborhood when we walked down to pick up our youngest from school. I do like that color!

Cheers! M2