Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2010, 02:22 AM   #19
Oh,That Guy.
Blacksheep Asian.

Drives: 1998 Galant ES
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
I have to respectfully disagree to avoid the auto at all costs on these cars. I too remember what an auto would do to a NA 4 banger, suck power. BUT not really that much in the case of the yaris. I first test drove a auto hatch and was actually very impressed how responsive it was, and I bought it (some 84k miles later) I don't regret my decision one bit. Yes, the manual can be more fun to drive (have an 09 with a MT), but don't knock the auto, it's quite responsive.
Probably because The tranny doesn't have to shift a bloated heavy-ass car frame, lol.

On a side and good (?) note:

http://patlobbtoyota.com/McKinney-Te...e-Car/3927972/

I talked with the internet sales manager over the phone for this specific dealership and he said that it was an A/T... Which I know for sure was labeled with an M/T. So who knows what happened there.

The guy was nice enough to talk with me about my financing options as they have a first-time buyer program. And he'll be sending me some pictures of the Yaris (interior and exterior) to make sure it's in good condition and whatnot...

Now granted this Yaris doesn't have some of the features I want, I do find the price to be really good for a 2008.

Am I just being a picky bitch seeing as I really am interested in a Yaris S Sedan? lol
Oh,That Guy. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 11:43 PM   #20
ufocar
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
you sure you want a sedan?

Think twice and really make sure you dont want a hatchback. I love my sedan but in my college days and even still I move alot of stuff and you cant fit anything in a sedan. Yeah the trunk is big but the opening to get into the trunk is small so forget about even things you wouldnt think would be a problem. Now im sitting here with a sedan paid for at 71k and kinda wishing I had a hatch. And here in Texas your goin to get the lame comments about how small your car is even with the sedan so dont think you are dodging gender assigning stereotypes. I got cowboys breaking there rednecks trying to see if im female every day here. Im not.

Last edited by ufocar; 08-27-2010 at 11:45 PM. Reason: texas edu
ufocar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #21
sleey0

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KrazyDawg View Post
I don't think anyone wants to drive a MT in SF with all the hills. Sometimes an auto is better. http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&sour...,77.5,,0,16.64
HA! All the more reason to buy a stick. Your little san fran "hills" are speed bumps where I live. I wouldn't have it any other way than MT!

I don't know what you people are smoking but I drove a few autos and manuals before I decided on MT.

The auto was way slower. Yes, the gears shift smooth but the car wasn't any fun to drive.

Isn't that why you bought a little car? It is why I bought mine, at least.
sleey0 is offline   Reply With Quote