Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-05-2012, 05:03 AM   #1
TRDMarty

Drives: Polar White 2008, 3Dr HB TRD '
Side Mirrors with Signal Indicators??

Does Toyota offer side mirrors with turn signal indicators for the Yaris??
If so, how much are they and are they hard to install??

Do any of you guys have them on your car or have you ever seen them on a Yaris HB here in the USA??

I see these on higher end cars like Mercedes Benz.

Anyone have any knowledge on this??
TRDMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 06:40 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have LED turn signals in the glass on my car, and a couple of people have the turn signals on the outer cover. Enviri has a thread on here about using Scion xD mirrors to gain the cover ones. There is not an OEM option for the Yaris for the US, so adding them requires some creativity. As for wiring, with an 09 or newer there are two extra wires in the door harness that can be used, but you still have to run wires from the kick panels to the under-dash fuse panel to tie them in to the turn signal feeds.
Old 12-05-2012, 08:58 AM   #3
suckerface
#1 Lemming

Drives: Light Blue '08 Yaris
I have a full set of side mirrors with the LED signals for sale if you're interested. $100 shipped. They're Garm's old ones, and one of the LED strips came loose during shipping, but I've epoxy-ed it back in place. Could use a wet sand to remove the bit of epoxy that remains, but they work fine. PM me if you're interested.
Old 12-05-2012, 10:10 AM   #4
TRDMarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have LED turn signals in the glass on my car, and a couple of people have the turn signals on the outer cover. Enviri has a thread on here about using Scion xD mirrors to gain the cover ones. There is not an OEM option for the Yaris for the US, so adding them requires some creativity. As for wiring, with an 09 or newer there are two extra wires in the door harness that can be used, but you still have to run wires from the kick panels to the under-dash fuse panel to tie them in to the turn signal feeds.
Thanks CTScott
Just last night I arrived back to the USA from Thailand since Nov 13th.
While over there, I took the opportunity to stop at 4 different Toyota dealerships. 1 in Chiang Mai, 1 in Nahkon Pahnom, 1 in Mukdahon and 1 in Bangkok. While at the Bangkok dealership I purchased a complete delux mirror set assembly for a 2008 which has the option of turn signals. Both drivers side and passenger side is a complete assembly with a cover which must be painted my cars color (white). This appears to just be a bolt on assembly then just figure out the required wiring issues.
I originally was just wondering if anyone on Yari-World (here in the US) has attempted this yet??
My wifes sister in law worked at the Bangkok dealership so she gave me 25% off my entire order. Oh yeah, I did purchase some other goodies as well.
I'm attempting to download some pics to post.
Thailand offers much more accesories for the Yaris than the US.
I also purchased a few sets of the (factory)TRD-Sportivo side marker decals which adheres to each rear door approximately 18'' long. These decals are only for the White Toyota's in Thailand with the TRD-Sportivo option. Fortunately for me my car is white. I'll install a set on my car and probably will post the remaining sets for sale on this site.
I'll keep the site posted on the outcome of these Thailand goodies once installed.
Old 12-05-2012, 03:36 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRDMarty View Post
Thanks CTScott
Just last night I arrived back to the USA from Thailand since Nov 13th.
While over there, I took the opportunity to stop at 4 different Toyota dealerships. 1 in Chiang Mai, 1 in Nahkon Pahnom, 1 in Mukdahon and 1 in Bangkok. While at the Bangkok dealership I purchased a complete delux mirror set assembly for a 2008 which has the option of turn signals. Both drivers side and passenger side is a complete assembly with a cover which must be painted my cars color (white). This appears to just be a bolt on assembly then just figure out the required wiring issues.
I originally was just wondering if anyone on Yari-World (here in the US) has attempted this yet??
My wifes sister in law worked at the Bangkok dealership so she gave me 25% off my entire order. Oh yeah, I did purchase some other goodies as well.
I'm attempting to download some pics to post.
Thailand offers much more accesories for the Yaris than the US.
I also purchased a few sets of the (factory)TRD-Sportivo side marker decals which adheres to each rear door approximately 18'' long. These decals are only for the White Toyota's in Thailand with the TRD-Sportivo option. Fortunately for me my car is white. I'll install a set on my car and probably will post the remaining sets for sale on this site.
I'll keep the site posted on the outcome of these Thailand goodies once installed.
Very cool!

As for the how to - If it is not documented on here somewhere, I have pictures from when I did mine and when we did enviri's, so I can walk you through it. They are bolt-on, but you will need to do some wiring, which for your 2008 includes running two wires into the door.
Old 12-05-2012, 06:00 PM   #6
Klink10

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
I have the mirrors with LED indicators that I got from a Scion. Believe that I'm the second person to have done the switch. Yea Enviri gave me the inspiration and CT answered a few questions during the install. There should be pics here somewhere.
Klink10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 10:52 PM   #7
TRDMarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Very cool!

As for the how to - If it is not documented on here somewhere, I have pictures from when I did mine and when we did enviri's, so I can walk you through it. They are bolt-on, but you will need to do some wiring, which for your 2008 includes running two wires into the door.
Thanks CTScott
I'll take any advice from you or any other member
In Thailand you can buy aftermarket mirror covers for the Yaris with the signal indicators for about $35.00 USD. They come with Orange, Blue, Red, Clear or even Purple lenses. Pretty cool looking at night, however, as you know there's nothing like FACTORY fit & finish.
I appreciate your input and could you please PM me with any pics you might have of not only your installation process but any pics of how you have to remove any interior panels to access the 3 bolts that hold the mirror on to the door.
I just don't want to damage any plastic pieces during removal.
If I can pull this off I will photo document the entire process step by step for other members to use.
Also I could contact my family back in Bangkok to see about ordering some additional sets to sell here in the US for other members.
Again thank you for your advice.
Marty
Old 12-05-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
are the mirrors you purchased look like this?

^that's a picture of the 2012 thai yaris, but if it looks like that, I'm 90% sure it'll be similar or if not the exact same steps as the install done in my car.

link to the install and wiring: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ed+side+mirror
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 09:16 AM   #9
TRDMarty

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
are the mirrors you purchased look like this?

^that's a picture of the 2012 thai yaris, but if it looks like that, I'm 90% sure it'll be similar or if not the exact same steps as the install done in my car.

link to the install and wiring: http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ed+side+mirror
Yes, those are the exact ones!!
Just a bit of info
The 2012 & 2013 Yaris in Thailand is still the 2nd gen version. The 3rd gen version like we have here in the US is not yet available in Thailand.
During my time over there, I never did see one on the streets or at a dealership. I did bring back a stack of standard Yaris and RS Yaris sales brocures. All of the brocures show detailed photos of all the options with part numbers written in Thai and English with a separate order sheet stapled on it.
So now all I have to do is select the part #, send it to my wifes sister in law, transfer the money (my wife still has an open bank account in Bangkok) to her and do a UPS shipment to my door. NICE !!