Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #1
fidgell

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 door
Replacing my Yaris, But how much for the old one?

I'm thinking of getting a new Yaris, and am going to sell my current one privately as I wouldnt expect a good deal on trade in.

I love the car and its never put a foot wrong. I've only ever paid for scheduled maintenance and recently new front brake rotors/pads and its always worked perfectly, so I want another one!

So, fellow owners - how much is it worth... I'm in Canada so state which type of dollar youre guessing in.... Thanks

2006 Black Yaris RS, 3 door HB standard apart from new front drilled rotors/pads (non OEM). 158000km (approx 99000miles). All highway miles. Manual/Standard transmission. Everything works...
fidgell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:38 PM   #2
Betrivent
Not quite a noob

Drives: e46 325
You have an RS? If you want to part out some of it I'm interested in some RS stuff for my black 5dr 06 =P
Betrivent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 06:40 PM   #3
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
www.kbb.com ???
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 07:05 PM   #4
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Why are you looking to sell and get the exact same car if the first one works great?
Old 11-23-2009, 10:23 PM   #5
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
99,000 miles for a Toyota is just a warmup. It is easily good for twice that mileage, and likely good for three times that mileage.

Every month of your life that you have a car payment is one less month that you can save that money for an emergency fund, or for retirement, or for your children's education.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.

Last edited by BailOut; 11-23-2009 at 11:30 PM.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #6
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post
99,000 miles for a Toyota is just a warmup. It is easily good for twice that mileage, and likely goof for three times that mileage.

Every month of your life that you have a car payment is one less month that you can save that money for an emergency fund, or for retirement, or for your children's education.
BailOut is right on this. It would be a stupid financial error to sell your current Yaris and then get a new one.

You really need to grow up and develop a sense of delayed gratification. To often people sell perfectly good cars for the latest, and doing this often in one's life time can do massive damage to their financial futures.

And what will the new Yaris provide that the old one won't, and if there is anything to that, is it worth the cost in real money? Never!

The "happiness" and "excitement" one gets from a new car is eventually gone and all that is left is the consequence of a stulid mistake.

Grow up, son ;-)
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 11:16 PM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
worth maybe 10-12kCAD
Old 11-24-2009, 06:18 AM   #8
TZH

Drives: 2008 TT in Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebarber View Post
worth maybe 10-12kCAD
I'm affraid you are right.
TZH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 06:26 AM   #9
thebarber
daily driver

i gotta be honest though, as someone who has thought about trading in for a 5dr, i wouldnt want to pay the extra dough for an RS, id try to find a well-equipped LE instead...so i you'd likely get closer to the pricing of a 3dr LE vs an RS
Old 11-24-2009, 11:13 AM   #10
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
Its quite rare to see a used RS of that year for sale by owner,with all the Yaris and Echo for sale in Montreal theres only 1 06 Yaris RS for sale on Craigslist and he wants $10800,if i were you i'd keep the car a few more years but if you are bored with it then i'd start at $12k Canadian and expect to walk away from your car with around $11k in your pocket
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/sea...min&maxAsk=max
jambo101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:03 PM   #11
fidgell

WOW what a mixed response.

Thanks to the helpful folk here, I was thinking around the $9500CAD so not far off the mark.

Im not looking at a new RS, probably an LE but need 5 doors now, still HB though as we have a little one and one more on the way so need easier access to the back seat. I also have medical issues that hinder my mobility and its not easy crawling into the back to put the baby in the seat.

As for the insults, the grow up comment.... Think its not ME that needs THAT advice! Its a pity some spoil it for the decent people on here.
Old 11-24-2009, 12:04 PM   #12
fidgell

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Its quite rare to see a used RS of that year for sale by owner,with all the Yaris and Echo for sale in Montreal theres only 1 06 Yaris RS for sale on Craigslist and he wants $10800,if i were you i'd keep the car a few more years but if you are bored with it then i'd start at $12k Canadian and expect to walk away from your car with around $11k in your pocket
http://montreal.en.craigslist.ca/sea...min&maxAsk=max
That picture isnt of an RS is it!!??
Old 11-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #13
RedStickHam

Drives: 2009 Toyota Yaris
Have you tried Edumunds.com? They have some pretty good figures on used car prices.

RedStickHam
RedStickHam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:55 PM   #14
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgell View Post
That picture isnt of an RS is it!!??
ya, thats not an RS

see what they're selling for on autotrader.ca and kijiji....
Old 11-24-2009, 01:04 PM   #15
thebarber
daily driver

most expensive RS i see is auto, 2007, and 5dr at 13500

12000 for a 5dr 07 w/ 57k and 5spd

9590 for an 06 5dr w/ 89k and 5spd

cheapest in general is an 06 w/ 88k, 5dr, a/c, 5spd, for 7450

or 7100 for a 3dr CE w/ air and 5spd...82k for 7100
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #16
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:

Thanks to the helpful folk here, I was thinking around the $9500CAD so not far off the mark.

Im not looking at a new RS, probably an LE but need 5 doors now, still HB though as we have a little one and one more on the way so need easier access to the back seat. I also have medical issues that hinder my mobility and its not easy crawling into the back to put the baby in the seat.

As for the insults, the grow up comment.... Think its not ME that needs THAT advice! Its a pity some spoil it for the decent people on here.
You just want a new car, no matter what.

And of course my response spoils it for you...after all, my words are wisdom and wisdom always spoils the acts of a fool ;-)

Keep your current car and be exceedingly happy...be mindful of your little one's future.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 02:04 PM   #17
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:

crud, i didnt even see that you said that

i was considering doing the same thing since our daughter is now out of the removable car seat and into a fixed rear-facing seat....its really impossible to get her in/out easily (luckily we have an aveo sedan)

if you've only got the one car, id go for the swap, because until your child is 1yr old, you have to have him/her rear facing....

i looked to swap to a 5dr, but it just wasnt worth it....we can stick it out until our daughter in 1, if need be, since we have a second car that works for us.

since we have a 3dr w/o air conditioning and pw/pl ours is pretty base and not worth that much as a trade-in. i found a low km 07 5dr w/a 5spd for about 12k which was a great deal....but i couldnt swallow the 3-4000 id spend "upgrading" to a 5dr....

ideally your RS would carry enough residual value to swap for something also used....unless you really really want new....finance rates are still low, arent they?
Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM   #18
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
BailOut is right on this. It would be a stupid financial error to sell your current Yaris and then get a new one.

You really need to grow up and develop a sense of delayed gratification. To often people sell perfectly good cars for the latest, and doing this often in one's life time can do massive damage to their financial futures.

And what will the new Yaris provide that the old one won't, and if there is anything to that, is it worth the cost in real money? Never!

The "happiness" and "excitement" one gets from a new car is eventually gone and all that is left is the consequence of a stulid mistake.

Grow up, son ;-)

All the OP wanted to know is how much is car is worth, not a whole sermon on life
Sorry OP, some of us get carried away