Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-03-2012, 01:05 AM   #1
vincentg

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007
Changing the tail light

Hello Yaris World! Im new here and i just got my 07 yaris last month. and it seems the back up light is not working. I already bought the bulb needed through the other thread. And i wanna change it myself (for more bonding experience with the car) any help would do. I already searched the whole forums regarding and there is no step by step process how to put it out.

Thank you guys

UPDATE
now that ive checked the reverse light. i found out that the bulb is in good condition (i switched it to the other side to check if its still working. and it still works just fine) now i need to know how to fix the terminal or how will i find the problem? ive searched tons of PDF files and manuals but nothing to do with the reverse light condition. anyone please do help me.
if i can still fix this or should i call the electrician regarding this.

Last edited by vincentg; 04-05-2012 at 04:24 AM. Reason: found it! but new problem arises
vincentg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:20 AM   #2
devinlamothe

Drives: '07 Yaris HB
If you have a hatch, open the hatch. On either side you should see a panel that looks like a vent. If you use a flat head screwdriver and pry the top out, it will come off exposing the back-side of the light. You will be able to change the stop + reverse lights from here. The turn signal will require you to unscrew the light housing.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:43 AM   #3
vincentg

thank you!! :) yes yes! its a hatchback! thank you sooo much
Old 04-04-2012, 08:07 PM   #4
vincentg

okay. now i checked the reverse light (the left side) and its not the bulb that has a problem, its the connection to it. the terminal or the wiring perhaps. is there anyway i can DIY this?