Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-06-2011, 02:16 PM   #1
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
CES Insider View

Hey guys,

I'm going to throw some pictures of my experience at my first CES. I'll add some commentary but for right now, just enjoy pictures:

^Hybrid Audio Imagine 6" sub-woofer

^Our little speaker "nuclear football"

^I'm in good company...Bob Morrow was installing car stereos in 1969. I've had some good time to talk with one of the "OG's" of mobile audio.

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-06-2011 at 02:26 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 05:24 PM   #2
_S7V7N_

Drives: Yaris 4 Door Sedan
Send a message via Yahoo to _S7V7N_
When you gonna come down to FL Sq ? Them guys are a hop and a skip away from Orlando.

Audio is under Construction Kenwood KDC-X794
Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
Hifonics BXi 1210D - Crunch PowerZone P1400.4
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
_S7V7N_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 10:35 PM   #3
derickveliz2

Drives: Yaris Sedan "S"
What are the specs? for the Image Series like this one:

D.
Old 01-07-2011, 05:01 AM   #4
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

How 'bout this (You can watch it in 1080 if you'd like):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zgvTGOULDgY

Hey Derick, as per your request:

http://www.hybrid-audio.com/Imagine_...nual_Final.pdf

S7V7N, Coming to Orlando? Well, Paul Papadeas and Moe Sabourin from IASCA want me to come down for SBN to cook for them at their setup. I think they might have to fight Scott Buwalda off though. I probably won't make it seeing as I don't have vacation time yet from my work.

I WILL, however, make it in 2012. I plan on competing at IASCA finals at the end of my rookie year here. I can think of nothing better than to make a championship run and then cook for the organization that makes it happen.

Right now I've got about 90 pics downloading on to photobucket. I'll just let the computer sit and do that. I need to hit the sack. We've got a Hybrid Audio Technologies breakfast to attend in a few hours and then I get to cook for the crew again tomorrow. I am looking forward to taking some pics of multi million dollar home audio sound rooms tomorrow...meow!

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-07-2011 at 05:28 AM.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:55 AM   #5
derickveliz2

Thanks but I mean this one

Old 01-07-2011, 01:38 PM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

D,

It seems that we don't have specs up. I know that Scott will have some up ASAP after CES. I was in the suite when the manufacturer hand delivered the first pair. Interesting conversation about speaker construction.

In the mean time...enjoy some pics:

^Neat Pioneer heads up display accessory that MAY be available for aftermarket installation at some point next near...maybe.

^The IASCA big wigs. Moe Sabourin and Paul Papadeas and their really cool wives.

^Tiny woofer anyone?

^Look in the background...those look like Genesis brand amplifiers. Word of warning, Genesis closed it's doors after it was sold. They buyers whored it out as a loss leader. Damn shame too, decent amps.

^Audiopipe's really feeble attempt to copy the HAT L1 Pro. Notice the little cap there? That cap slopes the tweeter 6 dB at...19Khz!!! In essence it's a useless speaker. WOW! Here, buy a pretty piece of badly put together aluminum and plastic. It barely works, but it's pretty if one can't afford the real thing.

^What happened to the blingy phone covers? Buy one, get a scantily clad Asian girl! Woot!

More pics to come later...

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-07-2011 at 01:48 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 07:10 PM   #7
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Funny how the CF hood is autographed on the one car. I recall recommending that for the ones that one of our members designed and got flamed for it. Great pics...thank you for sharing.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 10:57 PM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I apparently have a ticket to the 2011 AVN awards party tonight...

I don't think I can post those pics here. :)

Insider info, not that many here REALLY care but, say goodbye to Zapco. I'm sensing that that icon of a company is going away. There have been things that have been happening just as of today with the company...An Italian holding company just fired some of the icons of the company just last night...

Mark my words.

Last edited by sqcomp; 01-07-2011 at 11:08 PM.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:15 PM   #9
_S7V7N_

Where's all the Yaris ? XB's ? I seen the TC, Hell i'll even take a Tundra !!! If not we'll have to wait till this year for your car Sq.

Hifonics Zeus ZXI6.5C 6.5-Inch 2-Way Component Speaker System - AUTOTEK ATX65CX 6.5-Inch
(2)12 inch Kicker CVR's - 0 gauge from battery to Distribution block - 4 Gauge Power/Grounds to amps - Duralast Yellow Top - Big 3
Old 01-07-2011, 11:22 PM   #10
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

We're missing a demo car actually. If I had known that HAT was short a demo car I would have had some help and actually finished the trunk on my Yaris. I've sat in some of the cars and I can tell you HONESTLY that the little Yaris has better sound, better staging, and at least as good imaging.
Old 01-07-2011, 11:50 PM   #11
_S7V7N_

How was the One with all the RE's in a circle sounding ? Had to be an SPL vehicle

Old 01-08-2011, 12:34 AM   #12
derickveliz2

Exclamation

Could you...Ask SB what was the concept design behind the Legatia series for the upper suspension been backwards to more common speakers... I'm just curios if it's PERFORMANCE or DESIGN/INSTALLATION.

Old 01-08-2011, 09:44 AM   #13
Palmer812

Drives: 2010 Meteorite Metallic LB
If you get a chance check out the FJ Cruiser that Audiovox/Jensen has there. I just saw some pictures online and it looked horrible. I am curious if it looks as bad in person or worse.
Palmer812 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 11:04 AM   #14
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Palmer - I might just have the FJ pics on the camera. It struck me very much like the Concept Skyline. It looks good but sounds like TOTAL A$$. Typical show car.

I also was able to do my part to close down the booth last night, Scott was talking with some clients in the suite so I got to shut down Black Betty. That GUI he has is really straight forward and easy to operate. I got a VERY close look at how he has installed his stage...I think I may just take some of that and use it in the future.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #15
derickveliz2

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sqcomp View Post
Palmer - I might just have the FJ pics on the camera. It struck me very much like the Concept Skyline. It looks good but sounds like TOTAL A$$. Typical show car.

I also was able to do my part to close down the booth last night, Scott was talking with some clients in the suite so I got to shut down Black Betty. That GUI he has is really straight forward and easy to operate. I got a VERY close look at how he has installed his stage...I think I may just take some of that and use it in the future.
I love FJs,

Tell us a little bit about his stage!

D.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:30 PM   #16
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Palmer - That FJ reminds me of the Concept Skyline...it looks great but it sounds like a$$.

You should really hear that Skyline...you can hear the woofers move and I'm not talking about the pressure. I'm talking about the scratching of the motor structure. Blech!

Derick - I'll ask Scott when we get some free time.

Speaking of Scott...I don't see that I mentioned this before; I got a chance to shut down Black Betty last night. Scott was SO busy talking to clients, I was doing demos for him! You should have seen all the people around the car taking pictures and asking questions. That car is really cool to play with!
Old 01-08-2011, 02:49 PM   #17
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

D - I'll save Scott's methods perhaps for a private conversation. :) ...maybe...
Old 01-09-2011, 04:11 AM   #18
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Derick, this one is for us really...

This is the Pioneer USA showpiece (P99RS) yet modified by an artist hired by Pioneer:

^Can someone say, one off stereo?