Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2016, 12:06 AM   #1
Sir AY

Drives: 07 Yaris
07 Yaris Hatchback

So I just got a used 07 Yaris 5 speed it has 72k polar white. It had one owner, garage kept and properly maintained. All the women I know say it is cute or something along those lines. I think it is more of a chick magnet then a chick car but some ppl have told me it is a chick car. I dont care though I love this car. It seems good on gas my other/old car is a 90 honda civic dx hatchback it gets about the same miles so 35-38. I want to get some nice rims and get the windows tinted. They should make an awd yaris. Do they? I would buy that. lol. Sorry off topic. I have one complaint about the hatchback and thats it so far I dont like the blind spots when I do a head check to change lanes. The plastic that sicks out between the rear and front window is in the way.
Sir AY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 11:22 AM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
You bought a chick car with blind spots. Sounds about right.
How much did you get it for?
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir AY View Post
So I just got a used 07 Yaris 5 speed it has 72k polar white. It had one owner, garage kept and properly maintained. All the women I know say it is cute or something along those lines. I think it is more of a chick magnet then a chick car but some ppl have told me it is a chick car. I dont care though I love this car. It seems good on gas my other/old car is a 90 honda civic dx hatchback it gets about the same miles so 35-38. I want to get some nice rims and get the windows tinted. They should make an awd yaris. Do they? I would buy that. lol. Sorry off topic. I have one complaint about the hatchback and thats it so far I dont like the blind spots when I do a head check to change lanes. The plastic that sicks out between the rear and front window is in the way.
adjust ur mirrors properly cos over the shoulder check is dangerous ,one should only need to look to the side and ur mirror .
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 08:27 PM   #4
Sir AY

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
You bought a chick car with blind spots. Sounds about right.
How much did you get it for?
Old 03-04-2016, 08:28 PM   #5
Sir AY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
adjust ur mirrors properly cos over the shoulder check is dangerous ,one should only need to look to the side and ur mirror .
I took master drive mofo
Old 03-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #6
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir AY View Post
I took master drive mofo
Well than you should have no problem driving a Yaris....I drove trucks for a living before I became a automotive tech and u say u have problem with blind spots... Lol
Think you need to retake ur masters test lol

Sent from my S6 Edge or not so flagship killer op2
Old 03-05-2016, 12:39 AM   #7
Sir AY

Quote:
Well than you should have no problem driving a Yaris....I drove trucks for a living before I became a automotive tech and u say u have problem with blind spots... Lol
Think you need to retake ur masters test lol

Sent from my S6 Edge or not so flagship killer op2
cool I am just saying something I do not like. I bought a compact car not a semi so chill out mr truck driver. And so you know master drive is a course for teens to get there DLs it was a joke. I dont like the blind spots sorry
Old 03-09-2016, 08:21 PM   #8
HuginActual
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 Yaris 3dr HB
I put those little circle blind spot mirrors on mine. Makes changing lanes easier, as well as parking in reverse.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk
HuginActual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 03:34 PM   #9
tarkus

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3-Door
I have those on my Yaris, but have my mirrors set this way, which I generally find more useful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzUE6PHk4U
tarkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:28 PM   #10
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
over the shoulder check is dangerous.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 06:37 PM   #11
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
So u say it's fine... Only inexperienced ppl that don't know how to use mirrors look over the shoulder....specially in heavy traffic when your moving at 100km nothing worse than doing over the shoulder check cos for every second looking back you have travelled 27 m/s...just saying.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Old 03-15-2016, 07:11 PM   #12
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
So u say it's fine... Only inexperienced ppl that don't know how to use mirrors look over the shoulder....specially in heavy traffic when your moving at 100km nothing worse than doing over the shoulder check cos for every second looking back you have travelled 27 m/s...just saying.

I don't think I agree. There are ways to minimize blind spots by adjusting mirrors outward more than most typically do, but I don't think it can be fully eliminated. If I'm not mistaken, basic high school drivers ed teaches glancing over the shoulder.

I haven't taken any master courses, but I have been driving for 17 yrs. Curious what others think...
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:17 PM   #13
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ern-diz View Post
I don't think I agree. There are ways to minimize blind spots by adjusting mirrors outward more than most typically do, but I don't think it can be fully eliminated. If I'm not mistaken, basic high school drivers ed teaches glancing over the shoulder.

I haven't taken any master courses, but I have been driving for 17 yrs. Curious what others think...
I do agree with you one can't completely eliminate blind spots a simple look to the side plus mirrors does the job.
I have been driving for 26 yrs and 12 yrs in a truck with no possibly for shoulder check and have learn to know my surroundings and have well adjusted mirrors.
Plus keep your distance from ppl in front and be ready for anything.

Old 03-15-2016, 07:45 PM   #14
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
I do agree with you one can't completely eliminate blind spots a simple look to the side plus mirrors does the job.
I have been driving for 26 yrs and 12 yrs in a truck with no possibly for shoulder check and have learn to know my surroundings and have well adjusted mirrors.
Plus keep your distance from ppl in front and be ready for anything.

My bro-in-law is a truck driver for Swift.

I think we might be saying the same thing. Adjust mirrors out farther and give a look to the side. I wouldn't recommend looking way back, especially for any extended period of time.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:52 PM   #15
NYC-SE

Drives: 2014 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarkus View Post
I have those on my Yaris, but have my mirrors set this way, which I generally find more useful - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwzUE6PHk4U
Wow, I'm amazed that there is a least one other person out there who knows how to adjust their mirrors properly.
NYC-SE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 07:58 PM   #16
Kar98

Drives: 2011 Scion tC
Quote:
So u say it's fine... Only inexperienced ppl that don't know how to use mirrors look over the shoulder...
Sweetie... I've been driving since 1990, on several continents and in dozens of countries.

Quote:
specially in heavy traffic when your moving at 100km nothing worse than doing over the shoulder check cos for every second looking back you have travelled 27 m/s...just saying.
Who says anything about checking every second? But before a lane change? Hell yeah, and it doesn't take an entire second to whip your head around real quick to check what's going on around you.
Kar98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 08:03 PM   #17
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kar98 View Post
Sweetie... I've been driving since 1990, on several continents and in dozens of countries.

Who says anything about checking every second? But before a lane change? Hell yeah, and it doesn't take an entire second to whip your head around real quick to check what's going on around you.
Did not say every second, just that each second is 27 m/s that you have travelled at 100 km that is one sec your not looking forward and in traffic that is not a good tactic to use....and honestly IdK drive how you like.

Old 03-16-2016, 12:41 AM   #18
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
I check over my shoulder very quickly and it takes not even a second. I've been driving since 91 and have never had a problem. It works for me. I'm going to keep doing it.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote