Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2018, 04:07 AM   #1
sceh

Drives: yaris 2004
2005 sudden loss of electics

Twice in three days I have had a sudden loss of electrics. FIrst sign is the loss of power steering and then engine light, gearbox light (it is the semi-automatic) then nothing at all on the dashboard. A few weird clicks from under the bonnet and then it goes again. The engine does not cut out however though I lose drive because of the box. Naturally this happened on a roundabout and when pulling out so it is very dangerous.
Any ideas where to start to find out why?
Thanks for any pointers/help.
sceh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2018, 05:57 AM   #2
sceh

Drives: yaris 2004
Can Toyota help?

Firstly, my apologies for two posts roughly the same .- I posted once and din't see it on the forum so assumed I has screwed up.

Second, is the software architecture of the car such that any past DTCs are stored? If co, can they be read for all subsystems by any competent garage or is this a Toyota special?
I am concerned that if I I take it to Toyota they will be unable to diagnose something which does not have an obvious error light or symptom.

If they can't, I may have no other choice than to scrap the car since it id dangerous
sceh is offline   Reply With Quote