Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-09-2009, 02:25 AM   #1
bwong2

Drives: 2009 Yaris Liftback S
tpms compatibility?

hello.
i have a multi part tpms question for you guys.

1. i'm looking to get my first set of aftermarket wheels and was wondering what you guys do as far as tpms goes. do you:

a) ride with the dash light on
b) disable/bypass a la ctscott
c) transfer your tpms sensors from your stocks
d) buy new tpms sensors so you can run summer/winter wheels

2. i have a new 2009 liftback yaris. if i were able to acquire a set of 2008 stocks and strip the tpms sensors from there, would they be compatible with a resyncing? also, any idea on how much it'd cost to do it? i hear places like walmart could do it for relatively cheap but is it safe or should i take it to someone who specializes and pay the upcharge?

i'm looking at running my aftermarkets during the summer and putting my stocks on in the winter. any input/recommendations would be greatly appreciated. great community and great wealth of information here guys.

thanks!

Brian.
bwong2 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tpms