Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-09-2012, 12:47 AM   #1
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The Yaris Hybrid and Prius C are the same size. Importing new or relatively new cars from other countries is a bit of a nightmare (as I found out when I considered purchasing a 2006 Yaris from Canada).
Thanks. If YOU think it is a bit of a nightmare, then most of the rest of us would likely think it would be a full fledged nightmare (so i'll forgo the idea)....and I can imagine that a car coming from Europe would present more of a challenge than a car coming from Canada. I thought the Prius C and the Yaris Hybrid were exactly the same until August 5th 2012 when I found the article on elp.com that I refer to in post #38 on this thread. I just reread that article and it doesn't actually state that the Yaris Hybrid is smaller . Just for the heck of it, I decided to see if the Yaris Hybrid would have an e-brochure on one of the sites for one of the countries in the EU. I first searched the German site (and over all of the choices they have compared to what we get). I then searched the site for Malta and it automatically redirected to the UK site, as I thought it might. I found an e-brochure that included the Yaris Hybrid on this site. The length is 3905 millimeters (152.49 inches) and the wheelbase is 2510 millimeters (97.89 inches). I imagine that the 4.81 inch difference in length (157.3 inch Prius C minus 152.49 inch Yaris Hybrid) is largely because of different bumper requirements......But why is there a 2.51 inch difference in wheelbase (100.4 inches for the Prius C minus 97.89 inches for the Yaris Hybrid) between the two?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote