Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-18-2017, 10:29 PM   #11
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
I'm not purchasing my next car until 2020 or 2022 (I don't like odd-numbered years unless it ends in 5 - an OCD thing). Nothing much is on my auto radar really outside of possibly another Toyota-Made SE Yaris, if I like the looks of it in that model-year (and they are still being sold in the USA) - though I will go automatic from here on out, since I'm not getting any younger.

Perhaps the next-gen Corolla won't be the sad, weak/skinny-stanced eyesore that it is currently. The next-gen Camry looks pretty good from what I saw thus far, but is a bit too large for my taste in vehicles.

Most of the newer cars just aren't being styled to my liking, and/or contain a lot of unnecessary "safety" tech-bloat for distracted/idiot drivers. Huge turn off, and will just lead to more costly repairs down the road as sensors/mechanisms inevitably fail/malfunction.

iA - Can't stomach the horrible front-end bumper/headlight design, among other things.
iM - Can't stomach the horrible front-end bumper/headlight design
C-HR - Looks a bit to funky and weird, overall, for my taste. Trying too hard to be futuristic.
Civic - Yet another goofy eyesore car from Honda
Fit - Yet another goofy eyesore car from Honda
Suburu Impreza - 2017 looks pretty good! , but I need to test-drive one to see how it feels.
Corolla - see above Hoping for the best from the next-gen.

Last edited by Kalispel; 01-18-2017 at 10:44 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote