Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-21-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
CCNA students!

Any CCNA students here? Or anyone just completed their CCNA certification exam?

I need help studying... I have scheduled my exam for november 18th, leaving me about 3 weeks to study... i NEED to get things going. And the course materials i have does not seem to cut it.
IllusionX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 05:00 PM   #2
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by IllusionX View Post
Any CCNA students here? Or anyone just completed their CCNA certification exam?

I need help studying... I have scheduled my exam for november 18th, leaving me about 3 weeks to study... i NEED to get things going. And the course materials i have does not seem to cut it.
Today is actually my final for Networking Fundamentals *knocks on wood.*

Are you taking the entire CCNA exam or ICND1 and then ICND2? My instructor says that passing the CCNA exam is just really hard, way too much material. He suggests taking ICND1 and then ICND2. But if you feel confident go for it.

You should look online, there's plenty of torrents out there with practice exams and materials.

My instructor also said that these books are a must if you're taking ICND1 and ICND2 (most recent editions, do not get the 1st editions):

CCENT/CCNA ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide

CCNA ICND2 Official Exam Certification Guide (CCNA Exams 640-816 and 640-802)

Did you participate in the NetRiders Competition?
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #3
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
back in HS I was a huge computer nerd.... took a class on the CCNA my senior year (00/01) and ended up doing the first two semesters of the program. Then realized that I never wanted to work on computers for a job.

My advice... you've got the net... USE IT.. I bet there are a dozen networking/network admin type forums out there. Go to one of them, and search for the question you just asked... I'm sure it's been asked a dozen times or more on each forum out there.

We're car people... some of us know computers, some know teaching, yadda yadda yadda... go to a community that specifically knows networking.

Good luck.
Old 10-22-2009, 03:53 PM   #4
IllusionX

yarisitis: I'm doing the 640-802 exam. 1 shot pass or fail thing.

I've been going over my notes, and books, and trying some old exams. I actually did not have much time to do it in the past few weeks. Now, i really have to apply myself to it.
There's nothing much to do at work, so i tend to read a couple pages during my free time. But i always feel it's easy, and i already know it all. The thing is, i cannot seem to be able to think of what they could be asking.
I did search on the net, and people are saying KNOW your routing protocols (EIGRP and OSPF) and i can't remember what else. I'm wondering if should buy one of those exam simulators like pass4sure and testking. Actually, i asked my supervisor to open up the account at skillsoft, so i can do some more studying.

talnlnky: We are not only car people.. people in forums all have different career path.. cooks, IT, programmers, audio junkies (hehe), mechanics, sales person, nurses, doctors, dentists, etc...
Old 10-23-2009, 12:33 AM   #5
Lafiro

Drives: 06 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Lafiro
I myself am studying now for the CCNA exams. Since I believe it can be taken in two parts, and also, I tend to also want to go into security/voip/wireless/CCIE in the future.

Finished all my classes for CCNA, but I have become so lazy, and a crazy family never helped me. So for now, I am still "taking it easy", but one of these days I will jump on it, and make sure I have everything down packed.

And yes, pass4sure should be the way to go according to one of my pevious professors.

Although they say not to use packettracer. I tend to think its great, especaily when you need to make sure a configuration works, when you dont have all the required devices.

Also, why is that exam, 640-802, a "1 shot" thing?
Lafiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 10:32 AM   #6
IllusionX

haha what i meant was 640-802 is just 1 exam.

I did my 4 Exploration courses, and even took some CIPT/CCVP classes along with some QoS. I am now working in an IT service/VOIP company. So i'm thinking CCNA is what i should get, as it should not be very hard, and common need for pretty much any networking job.
Old 12-17-2009, 07:38 PM   #7
yarisitis

Drives: 2008 Yaris LB
So did you pass your exam, Illusion?

I myself just finished CCNA Exploration 1 & 2 with good grades and now I'm looking into taking ICND1, but the only thing is I don't know if everything I've learned in class is enough preparation to pass the cert. exam.

I feel pretty confident with all the material and everything I'm supposed to know but I'm worried about there being stuff on the cert. exam that wasn't even covered in the classes, you know?

Has anyone else here passed the exam's with only going from what they've learned in their CCNA course and without any outside study materials (CBT Nuggets, pass4sure, brain dumps etc.)?
yarisitis is offline   Reply With Quote