Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-27-2007, 08:35 PM   #37
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
To clear things up:
There is no double-tube intake available for the Yaris from Weapon R. The intake is short, and with the size of the intake at the T-body being so small, it was counter productive. The velocity effect is lost with a step-down as well.

FOAM FILTERS:
You NEED TO OIL your FOAM FILTER. I don't think they mention this. Go to a motorcycle shop that sells dirt bikes and take you pick from PJ1, NoToil, Motorex, etc.

Dragon v. Ram Air:
The dragon was not out when I got mine. You could lower your intake temp by removing the left fog-light plug for more airflow.

Again, we have 2 yaris', exactly the same, one has the ram air, one doesn't, and the one with is faster... by a miniscule margin, but it also has a different intake sound... it sound meaner and more tuned (intake sound going to the outside world.

Word up!!
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:26 AM   #38
bladesmith6

Drives: 2007 yaris HB
Ok this is what I'm talking about could be false advertising but this is what I found: Toyota 2007 Yaris 1.5L Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake System (305-157) The Weapon-R Secret Weapon Intake System was designed, to increase air intake volume to the engine. The concept is to create two different air velocity profiles, one traveling at higher speeds than the other does. This technology increases air volume and speed to the engine, which naturally feeds the engine 3x more air than the conventional air intake system. The intake pipe is bent out of high quality 6061 Aluminum on our Automated CNC mandrel bender. Polished to a high show quality finish. The SW1 Air filter features a tuned velocity stack to increase velocity and decrease turbulence.

Weapon-R Secret Weapon Air Intake Systems
Weapon-R Secret Weapon Air Intake Systems
How it works cut away illustration:
(1) High Density Foam Filter
(2) Turbo Velocity Stack
(3) Primary Airflow
(4) Secondary Airflow
(5) Air Funsion
(6) Hook Up for Optional Ram Air Hose

Where the Dragon in take for 109 buck has the funky colors and that cage around the filter element. I'm telling you there is a difference or there wouldn't be that large of a price difference and separate names, I research the crap out of things before I buy them.
bladesmith6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:36 AM   #39
AlphaFox

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback - silver
If all you want is a basic intake, the $109 dragon fits the bill... it has a short tube and a maf plate adapter; for me, thats all I was looking for.

Thanks for the info on oiling the filter, I have some older K&N filter oil that I can use.
AlphaFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 06:49 PM   #40
Motorhead6T5

Drives: 07 NCP96
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post

Where the Dragon in take for 109 buck has the funky colors and that cage around the filter element. I'm telling you there is a difference or there wouldn't be that large of a price difference and separate names, I research the crap out of things before I buy them.
The difference is the filter and the ram air hose. The piping is the same. If you bought the secret weapon and put the dragon filter on it it would be the exact same thing as a dragon intake system. You are paying more for the ram air tube with the velocity stack on the front,and the new style filter.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:41 PM   #41
bladesmith6

Well if that's true I'm sorry but it's false advertising, fact is the secret weapon intake is supposed to have dual tubes for the "velocity effect" ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE. I have to say I don't like being lied to whether the product works or not.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:35 PM   #42
AlphaFox

I oiled the filter tonight and secured the intake with the bracket better. I wont bother posting pics, its the same as the others posted.

Is anyone positive about the oiling? Id hate to screw up my MAF by using oil on a foam filter... is this the thing to do?
Old 06-29-2007, 07:17 AM   #43
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladesmith6 View Post
Well if that's true I'm sorry but it's false advertising, fact is the secret weapon intake is supposed to have dual tubes for the "velocity effect" ACCORDING TO THE WEBSITE. I have to say I don't like being lied to whether the product works or not.
Well if you mean it goes from big pipe to small pipe then they would be correct and thats how it is,and that would infact speed up the air. Its the same on the dragon though.maybe the WR guys can chime in???
Old 06-29-2007, 07:23 AM   #44
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFox View Post
I oiled the filter tonight and secured the intake with the bracket better. I wont bother posting pics, its the same as the others posted.

Is anyone positive about the oiling? Id hate to screw up my MAF by using oil on a foam filter... is this the thing to do?
Foam filters for dirtbikes are commonly oiled. Foam filters for R/C cars are oiled also. Use it sparingly.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:40 AM   #45
AlphaFox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorhead6T5 View Post
Foam filters for dirtbikes are commonly oiled. Foam filters for R/C cars are oiled also. Use it sparingly.
yes, I tried to but it didnt soak in very well. I ended up shaking it to get the excess out as well as using some compressed air. all you need is for it to be moist with oil, not dripping.. which it was at first!
Old 06-29-2007, 09:08 AM   #46
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
yikes the weopon-r site doesn't klist a dragon filter for the car the do list the more expensive version, sure you guys are buying the legit product?
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:49 AM   #47
AlphaFox

Its new, just came out. its legit look at the pics!
Old 06-29-2007, 11:57 AM   #48
Galavoxx

Drives: Yaris Hatch
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
yikes the weopon-r site doesn't klist a dragon filter for the car the do list the more expensive version, sure you guys are buying the legit product?
They are slow to update their site.
Galavoxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 09:51 PM   #49
WeSellCarParts

Drives: All Brands
Send a message via AIM to WeSellCarParts
Yes it is out and yes it is legit. We have them for $109 Shipped in Continental U.S. They aren't on Weapon R's site since it just came out very recently.

Dan
WeSellCarParts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 11:08 PM   #50
AlphaFox

Thanks again Dan, it fits and works great!
you might want to post that the filter should be oiled though...
Old 06-30-2007, 01:09 AM   #51
Motorhead6T5

Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
Well mine came with instructions that at the top says...

Dragon Intake: 805-157
2007 Toyota Yaris 1.5L

Shipped strait from Weapon R
Old 06-30-2007, 10:34 AM   #52
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
OK then seems odd, that the company wouldn't have the product on there own website....
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:25 PM   #53
bladesmith6

I emailed weapon-r, Im getting to the bottom of this once and for all. I'll let you know as soon as I get the answers from them.
Old 07-01-2007, 09:13 PM   #54
WeSellCarParts

Drives: All Brands
Send a message via AIM to WeSellCarParts
Haha, really not needed when Brian (motorhead5T5) specifically told you all he has it and it shipped directly from Weapon R...

Thanks for the interest in this intake folks; we have been getting multiple orders and inquiries. I will post a thread for it shortly in the vendor forum!

:)

Dan
WeSellCarParts is offline   Reply With Quote