Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-03-2013, 11:51 AM   #1
bone197
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
Scuttle panel removal / waterjet installation

Hi All

I own a Second Generation 58 plate Yaris. My passenger side windscreen waterjet was pulled off by a monkey at Longleat yesterday

I have bought the new part from my local Toyota dealership but want to install it myself. They say the scuttle panel (sp?) needs to be removed to access the hose and reinsert the component. Anyone have any experience of this?? Any advice on how to do this??

Many thanks in advance.

Bone.
bone197 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 12:00 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
You can remove the part that is over the battery by just releasing the clips, which are visible with the hood (bonnet) open.

The two larger sections require removal of the wiper arms. To remove the one where you need to replace the nozzle, pop the cap on the wiper arm that covers the bolt. You can do this by getting a small screwdriver or your fingernails under the edges of it. Then, remove the nut and lift of the wiper arm. Now you can release the tabs that hold that part of the plastic cowling and find the hose.