Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-17-2006, 12:15 AM   #19
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by vst
How did you get those power switches? Did they come with the kits? How did you install those?

Also, do you think this kit would work on my Yaris Sedan: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...category=50552

It sure looks like it would work, you will even have spare parts as it is designed for 4 door applications. The switches are optional, you can get them from www.a1electric.com . I'm about to purchase one more for the passenger side, as the window switch looks a little lonely on that side
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 04:35 AM   #20
paultyler_82

Drives: 07 Meteorite Metallic Yaris LB
anyone have any info yet on how to convert the hatch on the liftback to power lock/unlock? I think power popping the hatch would be a major hassle, but I would at least like lock/unlock.
paultyler_82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:12 AM   #21
ism3t
YarVitz

Drives: 07' Yaris Liftback
when i got my car upgraded (at a local shop) to power locks, they were able to get it so when i press the unlock button (on my stock key/alarm) my trunk unlocks as well. let me tell you guys....its pretty sweet. the first week i had the car it was hell unlocking/relocking the trunk everytime i went into it (especially since the damn alarm would go off if i forgot to disarm before opening the trunk) the only thing they said they couldnt do was get the trunk to pop open without me pressing the button, but that is a minor detail. CHEERS!
ism3t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 06:56 AM   #22
W.A.S.P
I love my Yaris!

Drives: White Yaris Liftback 2 Dr. AT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ism3t
when i got my car upgraded (at a local shop) to power locks, they were able to get it so when i press the unlock button (on my stock key/alarm) my trunk unlocks as well. let me tell you guys....its pretty sweet. the first week i had the car it was hell unlocking/relocking the trunk everytime i went into it (especially since the damn alarm would go off if i forgot to disarm before opening the trunk) the only thing they said they couldnt do was get the trunk to pop open without me pressing the button, but that is a minor detail. CHEERS!
Dude, I see my next project coming up! But yeah, I doubt it would be easy to set up a pop up mechanism unless you shave the handle and eliminate the lock. Not worth the hassle IMO.
W.A.S.P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2006, 10:37 AM   #23
argylesocks
Bears eat beets.

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by W.A.S.P
The orange thing is just a sticker; it's used in case you have to cut to adapt the covers for the hole. In the case of the Yaris there is only about 3mm all around that has to be removed so the cover goes in.

got a picture of the cover/cap used once the crank arm is removed??

looks great. nice job.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:53 PM   #24
pezfeo
I've made a post!

Drives: 2007 yaris HB 5spd silver
power lock on the hatch?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ism3t
Do you know if the hatch is also cable style or could you post a picture of what your hatch actuator setup looks like? I am putting power options on my hatch this week and def. want the hatch to lock and unlock with the doors.
pezfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 07:33 PM   #25
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
I may buy that soon..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 10:18 PM   #26
KSIbucky

Drives: 2007 Yaris manual dark silver
Send a message via AIM to KSIbucky Send a message via MSN to KSIbucky
what is the point it adds weight and costs way to much
Blitz exhaust
Megan Lowering Springs
(Next is DC Header)
KSIbucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2006, 11:15 PM   #27
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
i got ripped off for mine, 1400 for the stupid Autohaus package. it's a POS. what kind of remote entry works no more than 15 feet of the car? and it also has problems continually.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 07:28 PM   #28
Pinnacle

Drives: 07 YARIS LIFTBACK
Actuators

I mounted the lock actuators on one of my doors the way it is pictured but after watching the bracket move when the acturator was activated made me believe that the screws on the bracket would loosen over time. I deceided to mount the actuators directly to the door in the same area that you have mounted the top of the bracket. I mounted the clip a little higher than the actuator and bent the rod. It is very secure and works fine. I had to remove some of the foam on the back of the door panel but it fits just fine. I recomend you to use different screws to secure the actuators. Maybe a hex head that can be turned with a socket would be easier in a tight space. Trying to use a short screwdriver to turn those cheap screws will only cause the head to strip. I also kept the cable fastened to the white plastic bracket and I secured the outside of the cable sleeve with hot glue to keep it from moving as an added precaution. The outer sleeve of the cable should not move. Power windows will be my next project and it looks like you did a nice job on your install. Thanks for the pictures.
Pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2007, 10:51 PM   #29
Blenjar

Drives: Black Yaris 07 HB
Send a message via AIM to Blenjar
Actually think you can do a DYI with pictures..

-- Blen
Blenjar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 01:00 PM   #30
daq421
MPG is the new cool

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan (silver) Auto
Send a message via AIM to daq421
So I gotta ask.. was the Power Package (pwr windows, cruise, pwr locks, ABS) not available in your area?

-Peter
Old 01-03-2007, 01:19 PM   #31
mgthompson

Drives: 07 Yaris Base Sedan
All the ones in my area did not offer the power package and alot were bare without the convience package either. I could only find one person who could do the power locks since they were the cable wire locks but I'm getting a good deal cause he works with me.
mgthompson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 05:45 PM   #32
Pinnacle

Drives: 07 YARIS LIFTBACK
No power package

I believe that I had the first Yaris sold in New Jersey. I bought it the first day it came out and it was the only one the dealer had. It was a base car with auto trans, rear defroster and wiper. They could have sold three or four of these cars that day while I was waiting to sign the contract. I put in a remote starter as well as the door locks at seperate times but I should have just done it all at once with a good alarm system with remote start and locks. If I get a chance in the near future I will take off the door panel and take a photo of the acturator installation for anyone who is interested.
Pinnacle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2007, 04:33 PM   #33
TrancosRt

Drives: 07 Silver HB Yaris
A lilttle tip for somebody doing a Keyless install (I used A1Electric's keyless kit).
The parking lights wire to connect the "visual" indication is the green wire in the big connector at the top left corner of the fuse box.
It took me some internet time to figure it out !!
TrancosRt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 12:01 AM   #34
mwykee
I've made a post!

Drives: yaris
can u picture how the wires go and connect??......thx
mwykee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2007, 06:16 PM   #35
Batmang

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Black
That looks great! Fantastic job!

I'm thinking of doing the power locks install on my girlfriend's Yaris. I'm sure your pictures will come in handy.

How hard was it to install the optional door switches into the arm rest? Did you just cut a little hole?
Batmang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2007, 08:48 PM   #36
rnd243

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan
I would advise against the switches if you're just doing locks. I mean, the ones in the picture look great, but you don't need them. The locks work fine without them, and there is enough work to install them without extra switches.
rnd243 is offline   Reply With Quote