Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-11-2015, 04:03 PM   #19
Wincharger

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Not sure what your answer has to do with antenna base replacement.
Wincharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 05:35 PM   #20
Wincharger

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Pressing on, I cut the ruku 2 connector off stripped the wire, a solid core wire and a braided around it. Cut the old antenna base off the special wire harness revealing a solid core wire and another twisted core wire. Matched them up and taped them off. Put base back in which by the way is a pita. Locked everything back up.

Getting FM great now but no AM.

Any ideas?

Last edited by Wincharger; 06-11-2015 at 05:49 PM.
Wincharger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 11:20 AM   #21
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
antenna

I need to replace my antenna base and antenna.

hate to bring back to life an old thread but have a question. So you don't have to remove the whole back seat to remove the back right pillar cover and seatbelt? is that correct? so the antenna connection is behind the pillar cover? is that correct?
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 01:13 PM   #22
shepd

Drives: 2007 Yaris 5 door RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wincharger View Post
Not sure what your answer has to do with antenna base replacement.
Absolutely nothing. It is in relation to this comment in the thread:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...8&postcount=16

Quote:
The factory had cross-threaded the stub into the antenna base. Oh goody. I had to dismantle the base, then I had to cut the plastic shroud up the back with some dikes and a utility knife to get the base that the stub screws into. The stub base is knurled and heat welded into the shroud - this was stripped from me trying to get the stub off by unscrewing and the wire from the base electronics was broke off due to twisting. Got it out. Then I cut the rubber shroud off the stub to reveal a small wrench point at the bottom of the stub, covered previously by heavy rubber. A pair of vice grips and a small wrench later and that's when I discovered the issue. Too bad I didn't do it a couple months earlier. My extended warranty ran out in March. I would have had them put a new one on and reassemble my headliner.
shepd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2016, 03:15 PM   #23
abdel.bolanos

Drives: Toyota Yaris 2007 hatchback
Hi guys, sorry to revive this thread. My antenna got smashed by my garage door and I need to replace it. Do you know a place where I cane get one (the base of the antenna). Or give ame an alternative to replace the antenna base with something else. Thanks
abdel.bolanos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:29 PM   #24
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
antenna

Has anybody had to replace their antenna base mount and have to deal with removing the Rear pillar cover which also has an SRS Airbag in it? experiences and what not to do or do before I shop my head off if this airbag go's off.
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
antenna, hatchback, headliner