Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-24-2009, 12:46 PM   #1
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Venezuela's Chavez attacks Toyota

Chavez threatens auto makers.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/8429427.stm
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
kustom play
pink wheels are cool

Drives: 07 liftback
screw them all the car companies should pull out

then they can become like cuba

http://www.4055design.com
kustom play is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 08:39 PM   #3
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
^More like Amish country. BYO horses, Hyrem...

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2009, 11:14 PM   #4
Yar Is Word

Drives: Yaris 5 door liftback
Venzuela GDP 2006 $181,861,800,000.00
Source: nationmaster.com

Toyota reached record profits of $16.7 billion in its fiscal year ending March 31, 2008.
Source:http://www.nlcnet.org/article.php?id=562
Yar Is Word is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2009, 01:14 AM   #5
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by kustom play View Post
screw them all the car companies should pull out

then they can become like cuba
Sir they are already like Cube with him as a "President". The country will go nowhere, Someone needs to KILL that bastard
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #6
talnlnky
Audio Junky

Drives: 08 liftback
Send a message via AIM to talnlnky
Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpmanYaris View Post
Sir they are already like Cube with him as a "President". The country will go nowhere, Someone needs to KILL that bastard
you'd have trouble naming many world leaders who didn't rise in popularity/support/awareness of political agendas after they were killed.

Serious... killing people does more for their cause then against it. Also... killing leaders creates power vacuums which tend to find more extreme and repressive leaders. Go back to school, this is basic history. Think with your head, not with your trigger finger.

I was sooo afraid some butthole was going to kill G.W. Bush and ruin the country's political scene for another 8 years running.
JFK would've had nowhere near the image he has today if he hadn't had been killed.

on a side note... Chavez is a douche, but a relatively harmless one. He's kinda like Kim Jung Ill in the sense that he needs to be in the spot light every 6-9months and if we aren't paying enough attention to him he'll start spouting off some crazy rhetoric. Pretend to be surprised by him for a day or two.. then ignore him until the next fiscal quarter happens and he says something again.
Old 12-30-2009, 11:49 AM   #7
toyo

Drives: toyota
completely senseless
Old 12-30-2009, 12:36 PM   #8
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Interesting point of view, talnlnky, an assassinated leader achieves martyrdom. Wasn't it Chavez who sent a tankerload of fuel oil into the N.E. states for the poor? What a political shot that was! The guy is a madman, but I think it would be a mistake to just write him off...

The Cuban situation is SUCH a joke: 50 years of embargo and still no change? Maybe that isn't working, maybe? My son went to visit Cuba as a tourist, and had a great time. I asked about the people there, and he said that they were fine: healthy, happy and relaxed. There were the required number of boomboxes etc, but the old cars were still running fine after all this time! Even if the Castros died tomorrow, I'm not sure Cuba would change much. Those who lost their "investments" there wouldn't get back in so that they could abuse the citizens like they used to in the days of Battista. Apparently there are other things more important than money.
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:52 PM   #9
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by talnlnky View Post
you'd have trouble naming many world leaders who didn't rise in popularity/support/awareness of political agendas after they were killed.

Serious... killing people does more for their cause then against it. Also... killing leaders creates power vacuums which tend to find more extreme and repressive leaders. Go back to school, this is basic history. Think with your head, not with your trigger finger.

I was sooo afraid some butthole was going to kill G.W. Bush and ruin the country's political scene for another 8 years running.
JFK would've had nowhere near the image he has today if he hadn't had been killed.

on a side note... Chavez is a douche, but a relatively harmless one. He's kinda like Kim Jung Ill in the sense that he needs to be in the spot light every 6-9months and if we aren't paying enough attention to him he'll start spouting off some crazy rhetoric. Pretend to be surprised by him for a day or two.. then ignore him until the next fiscal quarter happens and he says something again.
That is just ur point of view, just like I got mine, Mr.History teacher.
Just curious, at what grade they teach you that and where?
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 01:25 AM   #10
yaris-me
Learn to Relax

Drives: 2007, Meteorite, LB
Chavez is following other leaders that got away with it. Mexico nationalize the oil and stole it from the oil companies. Chavez did the same. Mexico doesn't pay back their loans and blatantly tells us so. Chavez will take the auto companies and blatantly tell us so. What will we do? Nothing. Chavez and Mexico will take what they want.
yaris-me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 12:30 PM   #11
TLyttle

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Mexico "stole" Mexico's oil? Big corporations come into a country, exploit its resources, use their people for cheap labour, then just buzz off when the resources run out, or if they find a cheaper labour pool. Top it all off by calling them thieves for taking some of it back. Neat trick, but strange thinking...
TLyttle is offline   Reply With Quote