Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-07-2010, 03:30 PM   #19
abdallah380
Fly Emirates :)

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
as for the second part of your post, in ancient times phallic symbols represented power and virility so maybe that has something to do with people's fascinations with these kind of structures, and its always easier to build something that tall in an cylindrical or conic shape (actually this building is more of a cone then anything , better stability and resistance to winds i guess, any structural engineers around??)
not a structural engineer, but i am an aerospace engineering student, so yea its true it is better for stability and less resistance to winds, so yea that way it has far less drag than a building with flat sides.
abdallah380 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:52 PM   #20
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by abdallah380 View Post
i was there :D :D :D ... seriously the fireworks was simply amazing, breath taking...
oh n btw yes we do have crazy rich arabs here. i may be crazy too. but ppl, really. i dont get it y do we get negative thoughts from ppl from other part of the world? wen we have the world's tallest building, tallest hotel n the only 7 star hotel. islands in the shape of a palm tree n the whole map of the world? its just nice that we're trying hard to be known in the world that who we are. yes middle easterns did tend to have bad reputation all over the world coz of the media. but we want ppl to know we're not ppl from the third world country. we have peace here n love peace. there is hardly any crime in duba, ppl are so nice n friendly. everyone loves the president n the prime minister here. and all the items we have for sale are duty free.. there is no such thing as tax system here... there is high security here...
ok i admit we have oil here n it may run out soon, but by building all this amazing structures and by building a very modern city we expect tourism... thats how we may be earning from in the future. coz if oil runs out, its not gonna be the end of the world. we have to make dubai attractive now so that it can live on..
all ppl are warmly welcomed to dubai :D
cheers

I'd be less angry at Dubai if it was closer
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote