Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-02-2009, 03:11 AM   #1
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
to supercharge , or not to supercharge , that is the question ...

hey guys

i have been toying with the idea of supercharging my NCP91 2NZFE 1300cc , will the charger for the 1500cc 1NZFE setup work on my car ? it should work as all parts are interchangeable , you guys recon a 1500cc clutch will also work ? or will there be one for my motor ? in have a 2006 yaris.

i want to go supercharged as i use the car daily and heard that it is best for fuel economy and daily reliability.
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:54 AM   #2
fmicle

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB
If you're looking for fuel economy and daily reliability, don't touch the stock setup I've been pretty much thinking about the same dilemma over the last 2 months and I'm still not sure. Our engines (given Toyota's high standards of quality) would probably take a moderate boost without issues, but still, there will be more stress on the engine parts, because of the increased power. Fuel economy will suffer, since now even at zero boost, the engine will have to spin the compressor pulley as well. Additionally, you will have to run on higher octane fuel, which is more expensive, so there is more than meets the eye, when supercharging.

But yeah, I've read reports that it makes the car a helluva lot more fun to drive. But that's all you get, the "fun factor" versus all the things I mentioned above plus others I may have forgotten
fmicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 03:57 AM   #3
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
If i was going to supercharge, i probably would not do it unless i had the 1NZFE. Most likely everything will install fine, but you wouldn't have that much more power then a stock 1NZFE i don't think. It would be more but i don't think its worth it, unless your planning on getting the 1NZ-FE later on. Then sure get it now and transfer it over later.

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 05:02 AM   #4
N3misiS

Drives: Yaris T1 1KRFE
the Sc is expensive, and yes your fuel will be les eco.

Just for fact the S\c will need about 30% power before it can give you the power back so after rough calculations you wil gain about 10-15 %....

Maybe I am wrong but that is how I understand it.
Old 11-03-2009, 12:56 AM   #5
jouna

Drives: jdm yaris sedan
personally it isnt worth the money. id turbo it or do a really good n/a setup. in pr there are echos redlining @ 7500 with an 1nzfe doin low 14's high 13's with half the money for a sc
Old 11-03-2009, 01:25 AM   #6
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

how about putting the 1500cc pistons in my 1300cc

i noticed that they both share the same bore and compression , just the stroke is different , is it possible that all that toyota did was stroke the 1.3 to a 1.5 ? if so , im doing it , a quick 13kw gain just for a piston change.

can anyone confirm this ?
Old 11-03-2009, 01:40 AM   #7
N3misiS

As far as What I could tell looking at the two motors open, they are exactly the same, and the conrods are dffrent... I bet it would work, but you will have to check both motors, the best is to check the Workshop Manual for better spec on the pistons and Con Rods, the Crank might also be the part diffrance.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:43 AM   #8
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

yeah , crank , rods and pistons , then it should be sorted , but kinda difficult to check both engines open when we dont have the 1nzfe's here.
Old 11-03-2009, 01:46 AM   #9
N3misiS

I could find one... I bought another 1KR for me, just in case for about 5K with everything...

I will call them quickly and check...

But gotta run, have to work, I will post again this afternoonish.