Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #1
kashanf

Drives: Toyota Belta
Question Belta/yaris sedan, side mirror/ audio not working,please help

hello friends, iam from Pakistan,
I have Toyota Belta 2006.. few days ago my both side mirrors got stolen.. so for few days i was using car without the mirrors..suddenly i noticed that my JDM audio player was not powering on..but i ignored as i dont use the audio so much.... yesterday i got the new pair of side mirrors..but when i connected them,none of the function working. I got through the manual and found that there is a fuse 7.5A which is controlling Audio/Power Mirrors etc.. but i checked the fuse also..its intact..not blown..

so please wiring experts..suggest me if there is some thing which i can do.. Thanks
kashanf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
The 7.5A ACC fuse is the most likely cause, but if that is definitely OK, then also check the 15A AM2 fuse and the 25A AM1 fuse.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:51 PM   #3
kashanf

Thanks for the reply..i will check in the morning about more fuses which u suggested..but i would like to tell u that my power locks,interios lights, power windows..every thing is working perfect.. and I can find only one fuse box which is under the hood..iam attaching the picture (its not my car's,but i have same like this ) ..can you please tell me which fuses i need to check..
i will be thankful to u ..
thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 03062010362.jpg (83.9 KB, 112 views)
Old 02-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

There are two fuse panels. That one and a second, which is under the bottom of the dash board. AM1 and ACC are in the under dash one and AM2 is in the under hood one.

Fuse Panel - Under Dash.jpg

Fuse Panel - Under Hood.jpg
Old 02-18-2013, 04:20 PM   #5
kashanf

OHH.. i could'nt find the under dash fuse box..i will check again.. can u tell me the exact location of under dash fuse box?..and i hope Yaris sedan and belta is same..i mean the locations are same for fuse box..
Old 02-18-2013, 04:50 PM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashanf View Post
OHH.. i could'nt find the under dash fuse box..i will check again.. can u tell me the exact location of under dash fuse box?..and i hope Yaris sedan and belta is same..i mean the locations are same for fuse box..
It is under the bottom of the dash, above the driver's left foot on left hand drive cars, and I think it may be above the driver's right foot on right hand drive cars.
Old 02-18-2013, 05:04 PM   #7
ciscobear

Hey guys, the belta fuse box is under the black panel under the glove box.

Last edited by ciscobear; 02-18-2013 at 05:15 PM.
ciscobear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 03:06 PM   #8
kashanf

Thanks guys and sorry for late reply..i was busy so just checked the fuse today ..and yes its under the glove box..thanks.. i solved my problem..7.5 ACC was blown which i replaced..

now one more suggestion required..i have installed after market side mirrors..not OEM..everything is working fine..but LEFT/RIGHT direction adjustment is working inversely..like if i press left adjustment button,it goes right and vice versa.. this case is with both the mirrors..what do u guys think is the reason?..
Old 02-22-2013, 03:23 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks guys and sorry for late reply..i was busy so just checked the fuse today ..and yes its under the glove box..thanks.. i solved my problem..7.5 ACC was blown which i replaced..

now one more suggestion required..i have installed after market side mirrors..not OEM..everything is working fine..but LEFT/RIGHT direction adjustment is working inversely..like if i press left adjustment button,it goes right and vice versa.. this case is with both the mirrors..what do u guys think is the reason?..
The motors are likely wired backwards for left/right movement. Does up/down work correctly?
Old 02-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #10
kashanf

yes up/down working correctly..
Old 02-22-2013, 04:46 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
yes up/down working correctly..
OK. The two motors have one leg tied together within the mirror (only three wires go into the mirror (up/down+, right/left+, and common-). So, to reverse the left/right motor you would have to take the mirror apart and reverse the two motor leads before the point where they combine from 4 to 3 wires to exit to the door.
Old 02-22-2013, 05:53 PM   #12
kashanf

yes there are three wires (up/down+, right/left+, and common-), so to reverse the left right thing, i need to reverse the conection inside the mirror?.. how do i access the connections?. i will apreaciate your thorough details for the process..
Old 02-22-2013, 06:11 PM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
yes there are three wires (up/down+, right/left+, and common-), so to reverse the left right thing, i need to reverse the conection inside the mirror?.. how do i access the connections?. i will apreaciate your thorough details for the process..
You would need to completely disassemble the mirror to get at the motor assembly. You tilt the mirror up, and then pull straight out on the bottom of the mirror glass to unhook it. Then, you can lift the glass off.

Once that is off you will have access to the motor assembly. There are four wires that come out of a single point on the motor. You would then need to determine which two are for the horizontal motion and which two are for vertical.

The easiest way to do so would be to simply snip one of the two non joined wires to determine which is the horizontal and which vertical. You would then need to do the same for the two joined wires. Once you determine which two are horizontal, you simply reconnect all four wires, but reverse the two horizontal ones.
Old 02-23-2013, 03:08 AM   #14
kashanf

ok i will try this tomorrow .. they also make crackling sound when the movement reaches its limit..i think the OEM motor stops automatically when the movement reaches the limit..but this after market ones do make crackling sound .. like if the glass is on its up most position and i again press the Up button then it makes crackling sound..motor still tries to move the mirror upwards:P
Old 02-23-2013, 03:09 AM   #15
kashanf

OEM is after all OEM..none of the after market can take place of OEM parts..
Old 02-23-2013, 03:13 AM   #16
kashanf

Hey is there any difference in RHD and LHD side mirrors?..is this could be the reason that my car is RHD and iam using LHD version of mirror?
Old 02-23-2013, 07:27 AM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

The EPC doesn't show different part number for LHD versus RHD, so it is probably just an assembly error by the aftermarket company. The crackling sound is the plastic gears skipping, so you really don't want to let it get to that point, or you will eventually damage the gears.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:52 AM   #18
kashanf

@ CTScott..brother i really appreciate your quick responses.. thanks..i will try reversing the motor connection as u suggested..and for the crackling sound, i will not press the button beyond the limit.. Thanks:)