Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 09-28-2015, 09:28 PM   #1
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Pet Peeves

I'm sure we all have a few about this board/forum. What I've noticed the most is that newbies with MAYBE 2-4 posts come here ONLY when they have a problem and demand IMMEDIATE feedback. And then when the problem is fixed, never to return again. That kinda peeves me. I wish some of those individuals would contribute to this board more than when they are just having a problem and demand answers. Oh well, what do I know?
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 09:36 PM   #2
bairjo

I just went through that with a guy that wanted to purchase something. I found the item in my attic and responded...and then I waited. Beuller?...Beuller? anyone? Beuller? But, in the end... they are still welcome here anytime.
bairjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:06 AM   #3
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLKHILLSGUY View Post
I'm sure we all have a few about this board/forum. What I've noticed the most is that newbies with MAYBE 2-4 posts come here ONLY when they have a problem and demand IMMEDIATE feedback. And then when the problem is fixed, never to return again. That kinda peeves me. I wish some of those individuals would contribute to this board more than when they are just having a problem and demand answers. Oh well, what do I know?
I agree. I've also noticed 2 or 3 first posts recently with a join date from 2006. Why would a person join a forum, and then wait 9 years to post ....unless the people forgot they registered and then suddenly remembered (likely because they have a current issue).
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 03:07 AM   #4
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by bairjo View Post
Beuller?...Beuller? anyone? Beuller?
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:46 PM   #5
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Hey, when are you going to post some pics of your sexy new blue streak metallic SE?

And yes, I noticed that also, with regards to newbie posters. I joined YarisWorld over a year before even buying my Yaris lol (I had originally planned to buy a 2014 SE or used Yaris Sedan / S hatchback back then). I already had about 200 posts by the time I finally bought my 2015.

Last edited by Kalispel; 09-29-2015 at 06:12 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 05:49 PM   #6
BLKHILLSGUY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
Hey, when are you going to post some pics of your sexy new blue streak metallic SE?
When I figure out how to do that haha I am so computer illiterate!!! Averaging 36 mpg with 65-75 mph speeds. And no ethanol.
Old 09-29-2015, 06:07 PM   #7
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
When I figure out how to do that haha I am so computer illiterate!!! Averaging 36 mpg with 65-75 mph speeds. And no ethanol.
I wish that I could find non-ethanol gas here in Phoenix. Every place listed online for Phoenix was outdated/false information.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2015, 07:35 PM   #8
BLKHILLSGUY

I should also mention, I'm using 85 octane. It's allowed where I live because of the higher elevation. It's available without ethanol. The 87-89 has ethanol, and the 91 doesn't. I called the Toyota mechanic and he said the 85 was absolutely fine, and it gets about 2 mpg better than the 87 with ethanol. I think every 10 tanks I will run a 91 ethanol free from a name brand gas station. I usually use Sam's Club as its about 10 cents cheaper a gallon than most stores around here. And I also talked to the Toyota mechanic and he said since the Yaris comes from the factory with conventional oil, the recommended oil change interval is 5k. After the 2 yr/25k free ToyotaCare oil changes are done I will be switching to full synthetic. The neighbor sells the high end(can't think of the name) but I have used Mobil 1 synthetic for years. What do you think the recommended oil change should be with full synthetic? 5k just to be safe, or 10k like most of the current Toyota lineup?
Old 06-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #9
kevinj93

Drives: 2013 NCP130
Don't take this as a complaint, but most of the posts on the forum are heavily USA centred. Yarii in other countries often have different specifications to the USA, as wellvas different regulations governing what can and can't be done to our cars.

A couple of examples for Australia:-

Base model Yaris has the 2NZ-FE engine.
Tyre sizes are different - 175/70/14 or 175/65/15. If different wheels or tyres are fitted, the track width must not increase by more than 25 millimetres.
Non factory HID headlamp conversions are illegal.
Any engine modificatIons where the power output has been increased by more than 20% from stock require the vehicle to be retested for emission compliance.
Toyota advertises the Yaris (and most of their other models) as having a suspension setup specifically engineered for Australian conditions and driver demands.

I originally bought my Yaris as a second car, but find it mmuch more enjoyable to drive than our other car - a Toyota Aurion. Every time I drive the Aurion, I can't get past how heavy the steering feels and how much heavier the brakes feel in comparison to the Yaris.

Pet peeves? How about the idiots who feel they have to out accellerate all the other cars at the light, then weave their way through the traffic to get to the next set of traffic lights faster? These are usually the same ones who complain about getting speeding tickets and how thier fule consumption doesn't match the manufacturer's claims..

Last edited by kevinj93; 06-11-2016 at 10:37 PM.
kevinj93 is offline   Reply With Quote