Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-13-2017, 02:25 PM   #1
mr_robot

Drives: Yaris
Can someone tell me what lip this is?

Stole the picture from somewhere on this forum and can't seem to locate it again but can someone please tell me what lip this is???

I see that it's on the facelift bumper, do they make for the previous 06-07 bumper???

mr_robot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 03:47 PM   #2
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
modded civic lip
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 04:00 PM   #3
heeroyuy01195

You can use just about any lip with some modding. I've used other lips and objects in the past but here's my most recent:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ima...173638_063.jpg
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ima...173638_066.jpg

I pretty much just use whatever is cheapest at the time since lips are throw away items in my eyes. They're typically the lowest part of the car and right in the front so they get damaged quickly. I've gone through tons of lips as my Yaris is my daily driver so I try not to invest a lot of money into them lol.

Edit: That's a 6th gen civic lip (96-00). Picked it up on ebay for about 30 bucks shipped. It's made from crappy chinesium plastic but it's cheap and doesn't look bad.
Old 11-13-2017, 09:10 PM   #4
mr_robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by heeroyuy01195 View Post
You can use just about any lip with some modding. I've used other lips and objects in the past but here's my most recent:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ima...173638_063.jpg
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ima...173638_066.jpg

I pretty much just use whatever is cheapest at the time since lips are throw away items in my eyes. They're typically the lowest part of the car and right in the front so they get damaged quickly. I've gone through tons of lips as my Yaris is my daily driver so I try not to invest a lot of money into them lol.

Edit: That's a 6th gen civic lip (96-00). Picked it up on ebay for about 30 bucks shipped. It's made from crappy chinesium plastic but it's cheap and doesn't look bad.
Doesn't look bad at all actually!

How much work is involved to make it fit?
Old 11-14-2017, 01:59 AM   #5
ACKING_QC
ManualTransmissionLearner

Drives: 2018 VW TSi Stage1
OOHHHH!!! I wanna know more about that

lips from other cars and also your horizontal low grille bar delete !!
ACKING_QC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:36 AM   #6
heeroyuy01195

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_robot View Post
Doesn't look bad at all actually!

How much work is involved to make it fit?
It's just some cutting here, cutting there, heat gun here and there. The Civic lip is one of the better looking lips I've used over the years that is "easier" to work with than others. It really depends on which one you happen to get from ebay because they're all made from different plastics and although the vendors are selling the same style, the batch you get it from might be made from something else.

That one in the pictures I couldn't heat it enough to make it fit so there was a lot of cutting involved to get the square lip to wrap around the Yaris bubble bumper. I don't recommend you buy an OEM lip as they're more durable and not as malleable as the knock-offs. Hardest part for me is usually centering it. If you want an easier DIY lip, the garage door edge is the quickest and easiest to do with no need to center anything since it's uniform all around. There's a few members on here with that lip. Another super cheap option is to use garden edging. That one is height adjustable haha.

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/ima...6786770673.jpg
Garden edge lip from about 3 or 4 years ago. Good thing about this is that it comes in a roll so you can get a bunch of lips out of it for about 15 bucks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACKING_QC View Post
OOHHHH!!! I wanna know more about that

lips from other cars and also your horizontal low grille bar delete !!
not sure about what delete you're talking about. If you mean the color-matched section of the bumper that goes in front of the black grill, I was in an accident and my bumper got mangled which damaged the color coded section. I ended up just cutting it out because it was flopping around. Looks like crap when you get close to it because it left some dimples/slots where I cut the grill out. I'm not one for making my car look super nice since it gets battered on the highway often so it's function over form...most of the time.

As for other lips, I usually just find the cheapest thing possible when I need a new one and hack it up until it fits and looks decent. I try not to spend more than $30 on a lip because I go through them quickly with my car being so low and all the road work along my commute. Just use your imagination, anything can be made to fit with enough time and energy.
Old 11-14-2017, 08:52 AM   #7
mr_robot

Do you have more pictures of your car with the Civic lip?