Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-25-2013, 09:41 AM   #1
07liftback

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
Cheap ebay seat covers?

Has anyone on here tried any cheap seat covers from ebay? For the price, I don't think the fitment would be that great but then again, shelling out $60 for some leather covers sounds pretty decent.

I've heard of clazzio seat covers as well and they're known for being the best quality and best fitted but at the price of $500, I just can't justify it.

Here's one that looks like it might work decently in our cars:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FH-Group-PU-...item53f271c3f6

If not, they also have mesh which may hide the horrible fitment a little better than vinyl would:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/FH-Group-Air...item3f204e6eba

There are also some designed by a different company "Seat Guards"
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solid-Black-...f01aa7&vxp=mtr

Apologies in advance if this question's been answered before but I tried a search and not too many people spoke about ebay seat covers.
07liftback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 01:47 PM   #2
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
You might want to read up on PU Leather from ebay.
Then you can decide whether you want to buy the "cheap" covers or the Clazzio covers that MicroImage sells.
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #3
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
I'm highly interested in this thread. I'm more than able to afford the $500 Clazzio seat covers. The trouble is, though, is that they are for the 60/40 rear seat option only. I got the base Yaris, so I don't have the split rear seats. Is there another source where one can get great quality seat covers? Price is not important.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2013, 07:30 PM   #4
07liftback

Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisugi View Post
You might want to read up on PU Leather from ebay.
Then you can decide whether you want to buy the "cheap" covers or the Clazzio covers that MicroImage sells.
Thanks for that. Really good info in that article. I guess durability would be a big concern with the PU leather covers. If that's the case, I'll look into purchasing the mesh black covers since I just want to cover up the stock pattern on the seats while protecting it from fading at the same time.

Also, I'm waiting to see if anyone has any experience ordering these cheap covers on ebay.

Thanks.
Old 08-27-2013, 08:05 PM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamster View Post
I'm highly interested in this thread. I'm more than able to afford the $500 Clazzio seat covers. The trouble is, though, is that they are for the 60/40 rear seat option only. I got the base Yaris, so I don't have the split rear seats. Is there another source where one can get great quality seat covers? Price is not important.
If you are looking for good ones for the bench seat, check out Auxmike's thread on his Katzkin covers:

www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42173
Old 08-30-2013, 06:18 AM   #6
07liftback

I found some katzkin covers on ebay for $750 + $30 S/H

For a car that I paid about $7000 for, I'd really appreciate any more constructive criticism as to why cheap ebay seat covers are bad. It might even be worth it to buy some leather seats that were meant for another car and fit it into ours. coming from the Honda world, that was always to best option because it always came with ease of install, durability, and quality.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:03 AM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by 07liftback View Post
I found some katzkin covers on ebay for $750 + $30 S/H

For a car that I paid about $7000 for, I'd really appreciate any more constructive criticism as to why cheap ebay seat covers are bad. It might even be worth it to buy some leather seats that were meant for another car and fit it into ours. coming from the Honda world, that was always to best option because it always came with ease of install, durability, and quality.
I think the biggest issue you will find with super cheapies is fit. Cheap seat covers tend to fit like a loose diaper.
Old 09-01-2013, 07:33 PM   #8
nookandcrannycar

Drives: 2('14+'07)MT 3d ,wHandCrWndws!
Location: S.MontgomeryCnty,TX(HoustonMSA) '07=BayouBlue=300,125miles=OrigOwnr '14=ClassicSilvr=29,059miles
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I think the biggest issue you will find with super cheapies is fit. Cheap seat covers tend to fit like a loose diaper.
^^^^^This. LOL. They're not quite that bad, but close . I think different items are right for different situations. If I had desired seat covers earlier in the 'lifecycle' of my Yaris, and had known about the ones you have (Clazzio brand, IIRC...the picture you posted looking up at your aftermarket sliding roof and seat covers (on the seats) = ), I would have purchased the ones you have. IIRC, I purchased my covers under a year ago, so my car already = 6 years old+/229k miles+. I purchased these particular covers because: 1.They are solid black (subdued appearance, and don't show dirt) yet feel comfortable (despite the ' 60s shag carpet' style), and they were cheap (under $20.00 each). I bought 4 of them (2 as a back-up in case the first two deteriorated quickly) and the first two are lasting longer than I thought they would. (I'll probably need to put the second set in early next year....or at least the one on the driver's seat). They are 'one piece', and the part that slides over the seatback stays in place pretty well. The seat part....I do have to adjust it and tuck part of the side into the plastic strip on the side of the seat bottom.
nookandcrannycar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 11:21 AM   #9
Hamster

Drives: 2009 5-Door Liftback
I'm a little late in answering this thread, but, to me, the problem with the Katzkin covers is that they're not really covers....Based on the linked thread, it looks like you basically have to re-apholster your car. I wouldn't want to do that! Has anyone here managed to find "cheap" seat covers that fit really well? I actually have cheap covers that I bought from Big Lots a few years ago, which I've been using on my car, but they're far from a perfect fit.
Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 01:03 AM   #10
garrytask
I've made a post!

Drives: A car or engine auto is a whee
Never tried, but definitely will think before i make my mind to purchase.