Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-11-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
RicStyx

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris 1.3 -3rd Gen
Wiper Blade types

Im needing to replace my front wiper soonish, ive already changed the rubber insert in April of this year but i think the blade itself has become a bit old and clunks a bit when when it changes direction wiping and leaves a largish type of smear on the windshield. I've already polished and treated the windshield so i have eliminated those concerns.

My question is have any of you guys tried different types of wiper blades, such as a Bosch AreoTwin flate blade and the likes. Did it work better , quieter and no noise or was it a worse off decision over the factory type. I enjoy having the hybrid type or flat blade as it stays out of view when driving rather than seeing the frame work of a normal wiper. Thoughts?
RicStyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 05:32 PM   #2
stykerdk
Yaris Hybrid Limited 2015

Drives: yaris Hybrid limited 2015
Tried the aerotwin and it did not work good, i Think its too long for that type of blade and the mount did not fit Well and was unstable so the blade was jiggling when operated.
Just bought denso hybrid for the wifes and it works perfect, just as Good as original.
It has a minor difference to the original the inner frame is metal where it is plastic on the original.
But its not visible when fitted, you have too stand with both wipers in the hand to see the diffence.
Old 11-11-2017, 06:02 PM   #3
RicStyx

Drives: 2012 Toyota Yaris 1.3 -3rd Gen
Quote:
Originally Posted by stykerdk View Post
Tried the aerotwin and it did not work good, i Think its too long for that type of blade and the mount did not fit Well and was unstable so the blade was jiggling when operated.
Just bought denso hybrid for the wifes and it works perfect, just as Good as original.
It has a minor difference to the original the inner frame is metal where it is plastic on the original.
But its not visible when fitted, you have too stand with both wipers in the hand to see the diffence.
I thought that it may be a problem since it is such a massive wiper. Unfortunately I don't have a Denso parts place around me so I may have to bit the bullet and buy the original.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk
RicStyx is offline   Reply With Quote