Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-01-2009, 07:57 PM   #37
JonS

Drives: 2009 3 door Liftback
So, who makes a good floor jack with enough lift but is still easy on the wallet?

Thanks,
Jon
JonS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 08:48 PM   #38
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by JonS View Post
So, who makes a good floor jack with enough lift but is still easy on the wallet?

Thanks,
Jon
I like Torin and Arcan jacks for reasonably priced ($150-$250 range) jacks with good reputations. Sears carries a few Craftsman models that would work, but if you read the reviews on them, they seem to very problematic.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 03:09 PM   #39
SilverBack
Joey

Drives: '14 Scion xD 5-speed
Send a message via AIM to SilverBack
Damn wish I had checked this thread this morning. I just rotated my tires and in the process put a giant hole in the frame where one of those big rubber tabs used to be . The plus side is that the tab fits snugly on the contact point of the floor jack for future use, so it hasn't gone to waste.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I like Torin and Arcan jacks for reasonably priced ($150-$250 range) jacks with good reputations. Sears carries a few Craftsman models that would work, but if you read the reviews on them, they seem to very problematic.
You can get a 2.5 ton Duralast at AutoZone for only $50. Been using one with 2-ton stands for 7 months and still no problems.

A forum post should be like a skirt: Long enough to cover the subject but short enough to keep things interesting.

"I don't have an anger problem. I have an idiot problem." -Hank Hill
SilverBack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 06:50 PM   #40
frog13
Tw200--excellent!

Drives: 2010 yaris..absolutely red.
Is the Duralast stand "Made in China"?
frog13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2013, 10:30 AM   #41
esse10

Drives: 2009 yaris 2 door
Duralast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBack View Post
Damn wish I had checked this thread this morning. I just rotated my tires and in the process put a giant hole in the frame where one of those big rubber tabs used to be . The plus side is that the tab fits snugly on the contact point of the floor jack for future use, so it hasn't gone to waste.

You can get a 2.5 ton Duralast at AutoZone for only $50. Been using one with 2-ton stands for 7 months and still no problems.
x2 on that Duralast I have one also and been using it for 3 years now with no issues. You should always have a couple of floor jacks and atleast 4 jackstands. "THE MORE THE MERRIER"
esse10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 06:31 AM   #42
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
EDIT* posted this in th wrong thread, i'll re post. Wow...thread necro...

I finally got around to modifying modifying hockey push with an angle grinder. I'm lowered so I cannot aces the front lift point.

I usually jack my car up about twice a month so the pinch welds are not adequate for that.

I now lift at the pinch welds using a puck and then place my jack stands under my control arms for the front (, close to the subframe , possible). For the rear I place the axle on jack stands this way there is no weight on the pinch welds.

Worked well this past weekend with no issues.