Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-29-2010, 01:54 PM   #253
sk8manmike

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4d Sedan
Yay! It works......Thank you for constantly moderating this thread CTScott - it's good to know that when you attempt mods on this site your not doing it alone.
sk8manmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 11:22 PM   #254
Yarisduder

Drives: 2007 4dr Sedan Silver Streak
Hello,

I just put in an OEM Cruise stalk to replace my little 2 button diy one and I made a discovery regarding the $30 toyota cruise wire. The pins that go into the horn connector as well as connector D3 seem to be the same as those for an R/C servo, example:

It's a little finicky to get them into the white plugs, especially D3 which I discovered has a lock you have to loosen with a tiny flat thing. I don't know if these will work with pin 40. As a bonus the servo connector also fits into the OEM cruise stalk, though its pin spacing is a little wider so it bends the contacts a little, and there's no locking mechanism so I guess it could vibrate loose, though mine feels pretty firmly seated.

Happy DIYing!

Last edited by Yarisduder; 07-12-2010 at 08:55 AM.
Yarisduder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 06:54 PM   #255
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Drives: Silver Yaris 4dr. HB
Sorry to revive this thread here folks, but on a CAD Yaris auto LB (2007), I need the OE Toyota stalk, and the pin-40?

I read the the instructions of Sparks, and no mention is made requiring the pin-40 mod... Therefore, I am a bit lost.
firemachine69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2010, 10:00 PM   #256
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by firemachine69 View Post
Sorry to revive this thread here folks, but on a CAD Yaris auto LB (2007), I need the OE Toyota stalk, and the pin-40?

I read the the instructions of Sparks, and no mention is made requiring the pin-40 mod... Therefore, I am a bit lost.

On an 07 you will need to add the wiring from the stalk connector to the ECM pin 40:

http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...ght=faq+cruise
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2010, 02:23 PM   #257
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

Thanks Scott.

Looked at the Sparks list, apparently it wouldn't be required. Considering my shipping is the cost of the wire, I'd be pretty pissed off if I had to do two separate orders because of their innacurate instructions!
Old 07-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #258
darkMINI

Drives: 08 hatch
Using the toyota stalk I got from salvage yard on the column, in an '08 MT, is the wiring already in the column for the switch to connect to or would I have to mount this switch stalk elsewhere?
Old 07-13-2010, 04:03 PM   #259
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkMINI View Post
Using the toyota stalk I got from salvage yard on the column, in an '08 MT, is the wiring already in the column for the switch to connect to or would I have to mount this switch stalk elsewhere?
The wiring from the inside of the steering wheel to the base of the steering column is there, so you can mount the stalk where it belongs. If you didn't get the wire to connect the stalk to the clockspring (AKA spiral cable), then you will need it. You will also need to add the wiring from the ECM to the steering column.
Old 07-13-2010, 07:23 PM   #260
darkMINI

Ok, thanks CTScott, is there a picture somewhere of this "spiral cable" you speak of? My stalk has a red and white wire coming out of it that end at a plastic connector that also has a short white wire with a female spade connector, but its not spiralled.
When I raped the poor Corolla of its cruise stalk I didn't see a spiral cable in the steering wheel.
Old 07-13-2010, 08:51 PM   #261
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Ok, thanks CTScott, is there a picture somewhere of this "spiral cable" you speak of? My stalk has a red and white wire coming out of it that end at a plastic connector that also has a short white wire with a female spade connector, but its not spiralled.
When I raped the poor Corolla of its cruise stalk I didn't see a spiral cable in the steering wheel.
The "spiral cable" or clockspring is the round plastic assembly that allows the steering wheel to turn without ripping out the airbag, horn, and cruise wires. When you pull the airbag, the connector where the cruise stalk (and horn) connects to is at the top. Here's a picture of mine with my cruise stalk installed:

Spiral Cable Connector.jpg

If your Corolla connector is different than the Yaris one, then you will need to move the pins from the Corolla on to the existing cruise/horn connector.
Old 07-14-2010, 12:08 AM   #262
darkMINI

Ok, thanks for the great picture. So I may or may not have the correct connector for the clockspring. Guess I won't know until I open the steering wheel. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old 07-14-2010, 07:04 AM   #263
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Ok, thanks for the great picture. So I may or may not have the correct connector for the clockspring. Guess I won't know until I open the steering wheel. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Look at the connector on your Corolla harness. If it is a 4 pin connector, like the white one in my photo, then you are OK. If it is larger than that, then you will have to move the pins over.
Old 07-25-2010, 09:30 PM   #264
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
CScott and all 2008 CND Sedan owners.. I have read most of the threads on the CC and since most are about the US version of Yaris, I just want to confirm for the CND version.

I am wanting to install the OEM steering wheel CC control stalk, I do not need any additional running of wiring from the small 4 pin connector in the steering wheel other then from the CC stalk to the connector..

Sorry guys if this is a repeat question..

regards
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:31 PM   #265
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
CScott and all 2008 CND Sedan owners.. I have read most of the threads on the CC and since most are about the US version of Yaris, I just want to confirm for the CND version.

I am wanting to install the OEM steering wheel CC control stalk, I do not need any additional running of wiring from the small 4 pin connector in the steering wheel other then from the CC stalk to the connector..

Sorry guys if this is a repeat question..

regards
On your 08 sedan, I am pretty sure that you will need to run the wire from the other end of the clockspring to the ECM, as all 08 liftbacks require that wire to be run.
Old 07-27-2010, 12:01 PM   #266
Nebarnix

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Wired it up last Friday on my '07 liftback and I have been cruising ever since! Thank you SO MUCH!! I used the remote start pannel and placed 4 push buttons from fry's electronics. They look really sleek, the color matches perfectly. They are very stiff and springy (as opposed to clicky), so its very pleasant to use for speeding up and slowing down.

I suffer from some stupid leg problems and if I cannot bend my leg for long periods of time I get terrible shooting pains along the nerves. Now I can drive long distances without wanting to cry. Thank you thank you!

Jasper
Nebarnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 PM   #267
Revsson

Drives: 2009 Meteorite Metallic LB MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebarnix View Post
Wired it up last Friday on my '07 liftback and I have been cruising ever since! Thank you SO MUCH!! I used the remote start pannel and placed 4 push buttons from fry's electronics. They look really sleek, the color matches perfectly. They are very stiff and springy (as opposed to clicky), so its very pleasant to use for speeding up and slowing down.

I suffer from some stupid leg problems and if I cannot bend my leg for long periods of time I get terrible shooting pains along the nerves. Now I can drive long distances without wanting to cry. Thank you thank you!

Jasper
Glad it worked for you Jasper.
How about sending a pic or two of your switches? And a part number from Fry's?
Revsson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 05:13 PM   #268
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
Hi Scott and all.. For the lift of me, I can not identify the D3 connector as in the DIY document to confirm if I have CC pre wired for the sedan.. Should it be visiable from under the dash area with out having to remove any covers?

thanks all!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
On your 08 sedan, I am pretty sure that you will need to run the wire from the other end of the clockspring to the ECM, as all 08 liftbacks require that wire to be run.
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 10:00 PM   #269
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
Hi Scott and all.. For the lift of me, I can not identify the D3 connector as in the DIY document to confirm if I have CC pre wired for the sedan.. Should it be visiable from under the dash area with out having to remove any covers?

thanks all!
It's on the steering column, and requires removing the lower column cover to see it. Just remove the screw by the steering wheel tilt lever and the two that become visible when you turn the steering wheel.
Old 08-01-2010, 12:46 AM   #270
firemachine69
School'er of hard knocks

The UPS man has left me a notice of delivery, but I wasn't home Friday.

Tuesday can't come quick enough!