Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-28-2018, 02:45 PM   #1
hotracer_05
Hmm, I see...

Drives: 2012 Toyota Tundra and Yaris
Second Gen Spoiler on a Third Gen

As a lot of third gen owners know, there aren't nearly as many aftermarket accessories out there as there are for the 07-11 guys. So when I couldn't find a spoiler to fit my 2012 Hatchback, I wasn't too shocked. But would a second gen wing work straight out of the box? The answer is no lol. But its not hard to make it work

This is the wing I ordered/received. Found it on ebay for around 40 bucks

Its made out of plastic. If you get a fiberglass one you wont be able to manipulate it with heat, but you can make it work if you know how to work fiberglass

Here are some finished pictures. I sprayed the whole car in Bright White Raptor Liner. Not everyones cup of tea, but

Out of the box, I quickly found out that not only did any of the curves match, but the washer fluid nozzle would be in the way

Took a heat gun and heated the middle and flattened it out a bit until it would sit flush with the lid. Then I marked where the nozzle would sit and went to town on it with a heat gun and metal pipe. I overdid it with the heat and it came out a bit wrinkled...but since on the other side and I am going to raptor line the whole car i wasn't too worried about it.

And the way it sits no. It will cover up half of the third brake light, but meh. Once i line the whole car I will post more pics of the finished product

Finally some finished pictures. Sprayed the whole car in Bright White Raptor Liner. Probably not what most people would do...but lol

Last edited by hotracer_05; 03-19-2018 at 06:48 PM.
hotracer_05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #2
Dodge Aries K
My Yaris is a "racecar"

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatchback
There is a Toyota spoiler for the 3rd gen, but it's a rip off.
Old 02-28-2018, 05:08 PM   #3
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
I applaud you taking on the challenge but IMO, it just doesn't look right. The lines require it to tip upward rather than the downward position which you have.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Old 02-28-2018, 05:46 PM   #4
hotracer_05
Hmm, I see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodge Aries K View Post
There is a Toyota spoiler for the 3rd gen, but it's a rip off.
Yeah and it seemed kinda plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
I applaud you taking on the challenge but IMO, it just doesn't look right. The lines require it to tip upward rather than the downward position which you have.

Sent from my Elite_5_5_Octa using Tapatalk
Yeah... lol. I like it with better than without, so its a step in the right direction I guess. I have lights on the front so the back being plain looked odd. We'll see what it looks like once its painted, im just winging it lol
Old 03-19-2018, 06:49 PM   #5
hotracer_05
Hmm, I see...

added some finished pics. pretty happy with it. especially for 40 bucks lol