Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2007, 11:31 PM   #19
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
That van is probably responsible for 100+ damaged cars a year - so whatever damage you did to him is just plain karma
Yeah but the crappy thing is I'm usually give myself way too big of a safety margin when maneuvering, when I think I'm about to hit something I'm still far away form it. I usually think "oh crap, I'm not gonna be able to fit there", but this time I thought I just should make it... Happened to me once before as well, in my mom's car, but when going into an underground parking spot next to a pillar... She was OK with it, though, she already had put her fair share of scratches on the bumper

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:56 AM   #20
Safariworld

Drives: Yaris S
Yes, this is the original bumper ordered from Japan. Well, when something happens, it happens. My friend settled the repair costs and most of the arrangements so it worked out ok.

A key point is not to sell off your original car parts if you can. I had to drive around with the factory front bumper for a long time while the repairs were pending.
Safariworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #21
eijikikimaru
Q(','Q)

Drives: 3dr Meteroite
Claybar like others say for the gummy...WD40 could work too I guess. As for the chip the pen will cover most...hopefully. Sorry to hear about what happen Thomas

Ahh Korean Drivers... Oh how I know what you mean.
Oh wait a min! I'm one of them!!!

Anyways yah, in Korea they're pretty ruthless. Pedestrians really don't have the right of way, it's just something they say so the pedestrian feels safer. In reality it's a front so drivers can get more targets to get more points!
That old game called Crazy Taxi, well in Korean it's not just a game it's real~

I remember back when I was 11 and trying to cross a street in a crosswalk... I stood on the side of the road for at least 10mins just to get halfway. There was no island so I got stuck in the middle while cars were just zoomed by. Another 3 mins went by before I got to the other side. There was no stoplight for cars to wait and oh man, the adults on the street were freaking out! That was kinda fun now that I think about it...I wonder if they built a street light yet?
eijikikimaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 06:01 AM   #22
seanele

Drives: '07 Blazing Blue LB, '09 Jetta
aha!!!...now i kno why you don't want to post more new pics.
is this why?...
or am i just being a stalker to your cool red Yaris??..
Old 09-01-2007, 12:19 AM   #23
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Quote:
Originally Posted by eijikikimaru View Post
Claybar like others say
+1 for the clay bar.

These things are a must and should be in everyones soap bucket. Just be careful and take your time when using these.
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 06:11 AM   #24
Katana

Drives: Yaris LB 1.3lt 06
Send a message via MSN to Katana Send a message via Yahoo to Katana
This sucks, bad luck...
Katana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 09:49 AM   #25
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
yeah... and it pains me to say this, but a couple of days ago an idiot on a motorbike does an illegal U-turn and slams into me! Another big scratch on the other side...

Ah well, insurance is gonna have a lot of work to do next week

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-02-2007, 05:10 PM   #26
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
Sorry to learn about that but glad that apparently you are OK! Hope, as you implied, insurance helps.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 05:14 PM   #27
landrym28
3,300+ at one point.. >:(

Drives: 2010 Hatchback RS
Send a message via MSN to landrym28
Definately some bad luck there! Hopefully you're ok!
landrym28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2007, 07:14 PM   #28
Ferret_san
Hack.... What hack ??

Drives: 07 YR
Considering the number of bikes and the like in Thialand, you've probably been living on borrowed time !!!
Ferret_san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2007, 12:41 AM   #29
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Heheheh I used to drive a small bike. Like a maniac... They're fun, I never needed the rear view mirrors, nobody could catch up to me... So I kinda understand the bike drivers' mindset and habits, which helps a lot. But this guy saw me, thought I was slowing down to let him pass (why would I? he's doing an illegal U-turn after all), and tried to cut across the road...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-03-2007, 09:12 PM   #30
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferret_san View Post
Considering the number of bikes and the like in Thialand, you've probably been living on borrowed time !!!
No kidding! Here it's not a matter of if you'll hit a motorbike, it's just a matter of when.. All you can hope is that the none of the people on the bike at the time die (could be 1-6 of them), because even stupid people have a right to live ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo
Heheheh I used to drive a small bike. Like a maniac... They're fun, I never needed the rear view mirrors, nobody could catch up to me...
Must have been in BKK! - we don't have much gridlock up here so the average speed of cars is ~90-120km/hr, while the average speed of bikes is ~40-60km/hr. Look behind or die ;)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2007, 12:38 PM   #31
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razr View Post
Must have been in BKK! - we don't have much gridlock up here so the average speed of cars is ~90-120km/hr, while the average speed of bikes is ~40-60km/hr. Look behind or die ;)
Phuket actually... people just drive slooooow... and I was a young hotheaded punk... even challenged a fat guy on a Harley off the line... I had the advantage for about 10 meters

Good days good days...

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 09-05-2007, 02:56 PM   #32
forpinks

Drives: 03 Toyota Corolla S modded,
Toyota Thailand to the rescue!

That sucks dude, especially if you "accidentally" did it...

BUT YOU JUST GOTTA LOVE IT....
forpinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:37 PM   #33
GabL
I want JDM bumpers!

Drives: 5 Dr Yaris RS in Blazing Blue
Speaking of crazy traffic, I think China could be the worst...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aodbmS_43M
GabL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 11:31 PM   #34
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by GabL View Post
Speaking of crazy traffic, I think China could be the worst...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aodbmS_43M
Classic Asian driving that ;)

Now imagine if there were no busses at all, and instead each one was replaced by another 40 motorcycles, and 80% of the cars were actually pickup trucks with 10+ people hanging out of the tray, not to mention throwing in a few trucks with loads twice as long and/or wide as the truck itself, and also imagine that there were actually traffic lights there that no-one was paying attention to, and then you've got Thai driving ;)
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote