Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-26-2007, 03:24 AM   #1
Nutzoids

Drives: 07 Yaris Liftback
My Mind... Unedited!

I need to speak my peace for a second… If you are easily offended, This thread is not for you… Please do NOT continue reading!!!

Now there has been some talk… Not a lot… but some is already too much! About how some of our (YarisWorld’s) Moderators are being to strict… closing threads, Deleting threads, and so on and so forth… to those people, I would like to say… FUCK OFF…

Our moderators not only keep this community running, they secure for us our discounts, perks, and protect our interest… They have done so much for this On-line community not to mention for the YARIS aftermarket it’s self, that it is only right that we trust their Judgment…

If anyone has a problems with the Rules and Regulations of this forum… there are 2 options…

1) Address your issues like a civilized human being… For Fucks Sake you jackasses, grow up and be sensible about things!

Instant Message the Moderators and let them know of your Grievances… IN PRIVACY!
If there was something that as closed or deleted it was done for a reason better then “I just didn’t like it” they are trying to keep the FUCKING PEACE! Jackasses! So be an Adult, and just ask… STOP MAKING A PUBLIC SPECTIAL OF YOURSELF… you are the only ones looking stupid!

But then again there is always Option number 2

2) GET THE FUCK OUT!

Please keep in mind that no one… Including myself would like to see anyone leave YarisWorld… I was the reason that SPKRMN got Banned… and I wasn’t happy about that… He ripped me off, and others… I pressed charges and informed the community of his Mutiny… Others spoke up… and he got banned… The Moderators will tell you… I tried VERY hard to give him chances… and for it not to come to that!

So please don’t take that way out!

Just be an Adult… and let our Moderators do their jobs!

I also ask for a link somewhere that can PM all the Moderators at once… So that any issues can be addressed!

Nutzoids... Where Punk rock is less about Image, and more about the Mind!
Nutzoids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:32 AM   #2
BailOut
Steals terrorist's lunch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nutzoids View Post
1) Address your issues like a civilized human being… For Fucks Sake you jackasses, grow up and be sensible about things!
That's the most ironic thing I've read in a long time. I sincerely hope this was an attempt at humor.

Quote:
Instant Message the Moderators and let them know of your Grievances… IN PRIVACY!
If the moderators really want things kept in PMs then they should be the first to PM someone when they lock or delete some of their content. This is the best way to keep things quiet because, after all, a lock or deletion on a public forum is a public event, so the receiver of such an edit will have an automatic reaction to go public to gripe about it.

Quote:
If there was something that as closed or deleted it was done for a reason better then “I just didn’t like it”
I disagree. I would like to think this is the case, but there is one moderator that does exactly that.

Beating people over the head about the search feature without educating them on how to properly use it doesn't help anything, either. It just belittles them, which is not conducive to them maintaining a presence here on YW.

The current batch of moderators are newbies at it. I'm sure they're doing the best they can, and some are on personal crusades to herd everyone in a direction they desire, but mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned, and much of it will occur at our - the users - expense.

I'm not complaining about it but this means that we - the users - should not just take everything sitting down. If we see a mistake on the moderator's part now is the time to try to correct it. This is a time for checks and balances.

Share the Road

I often carry 2 carpool passengers and mountain bikes
or snowboards/skis over a 4,500 foot elevation difference.
Click the graphic above to see my detailed mileage logs.
BailOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 11:47 AM   #3
acrbill

Drives: Polar White Hatch
Well said Bailout.
Old 08-26-2007, 12:04 PM   #4
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
Originally Posted by BailOut View Post

The current batch of moderators are newbies at it. I'm sure they're doing the best they can, and some are on personal crusades to herd everyone in a direction they desire, but mistakes will be made, lessons will be learned, and much of it will occur at our - the users - expense.

I'm not complaining about it but this means that we - the users - should not just take everything sitting down. If we see a mistake on the moderator's part now is the time to try to correct it. This is a time for checks and balances.
I couldn't agree more, it's a harder job than it looks, having to balance keeping the peace, while encouraging healthy debate, essentially keeping everyone happy! We all have a lot to learn, that's for sure, and I for one am glad to see feedback like this. I do not like having to close or lock threads, but sometimes, the conversation is just heading toward a huge fight, and it's sadly the best thing to do.

I just hope everyone can learn something from this!

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
Excellent topic! Bailout pretty much hit my opinion. Being a moderator isn't a job most of us would like, but I don't know what benefits come with it...I assume YarisBueller is watching and the new moderators get used to the power they have.
Old 08-26-2007, 01:18 PM   #6
black2yaris
The Man In Black Lives

Drives: Black Sand Pearl L/B 'o7
I agree some people grammarly challeged I see no reason for them to be hit over the head for it . & the part about not knowing how to use a function ,then get flamed badly over but never explain how to use said function . Plus not everyone here is the best speller anyway ( i wish this site had spell check )
black2yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:31 PM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
People, for what it's worth I had a word with Black Yaris, he'll be taking a break to cool down a bit, so let's put that aside for now.

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 08-26-2007, 01:54 PM   #8
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
I just think it is really unfortunate that we are taking time out of our day to digress from the Yaris, which is why we're here, to deal with what is basically nothing more than drama.

All I can say is that if anyone ever has a question for me regarding the car, my actions on these forums or anything else, my PM box is always open.

I hope we can get back to focusing on the car now.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2007, 01:56 PM   #9
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

aye aye sir

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 08-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #10
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
People, for what it's worth I had a word with Black Yaris, he'll be taking a break to cool down a bit, so let's put that aside for now.
Thanks Etimago...while I have fun with BY occassionally its very tiring having a mod call me rice with EVERY post. He needs to take a timeout. I think hes been working overtime to intimidate newbies here too which doesnt help the site (which it is the MODS job to do).

With that said, I hold nothing against him however and welcome him back.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:02 AM   #11
ALY
TOYOTA Product Advisor

Drives: 2007 YARIS RS 3DR LB "B" PKG
I currently moderate a few message boards and I can tell you all that it is a thankless job; however, it needs to be done. This difficult job also requires the cooperation and understanding of its members/users.

The moderators do the best they can; however, they cannot and will not be able to please everyone. They are doing what they feel is right for this board.

For the boards, I manage, we look to our members to provide feedback (privately) by email or PM to let us know how we can improve.

We are only human and due to this we are flawed and often make mistakes.

Go easy on the mods as this is not something they get paid for.
ALY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 03:53 AM   #12
Vanderkitten

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Then there is mild censorship...

There is a GB on a part, and I checked the seller's site about shipping and noticed the shipping price was 50% of the part being offered... It pissed me off because he wouldn't (and hasn't) discussed the price of shipping and then I noticed my post about it disappeared... that's a disservice to the community.
Megan Racing http://www.meganracing.com
Les Schwab Tires http://www.lesschwab.com
317 graphics http://www.317graphics.com
Vanderkitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 09:10 AM   #13
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
I'm back from my little sabbatical because yes the noobs not doing searchs were getting to me, and yes I could have handled it MUCH better, but hey I am human, I make mistakes, and I am here appogizing for those mistakes... but for the threads I have locked, it was because to stop an argument that was going to where, or to terminate a duplicate post where I added a redirect, or a search many times.

but hey if you have a personal problem with me, you can always take it to the PM, mine are always open
Old 08-27-2007, 09:20 AM   #14
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALY View Post
I currently moderate a few message boards and I can tell you all that it is a thankless job; however, it needs to be done. This difficult job also requires the cooperation and understanding of its members/users.

The moderators do the best they can; however, they cannot and will not be able to please everyone. They are doing what they feel is right for this board.

For the boards, I manage, we look to our members to provide feedback (privately) by email or PM to let us know how we can improve.

ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 12:18 PM   #15
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALY View Post

I also moderate some message boards and am an administrator for a political one. You can imagine how hot my boards can become.

I honestly say on my boards not once have I ever denigrated someone that was new, deleted posts and topics that I personally didnt like, called someone names if I didn't agree with them, and locked topics at the drop of a hat. BTW, im not a mod here so im allowed to do that

Its called moderation for a reason. Etimago is a shining example of how best to moderate this board. Others take note. Thanks.
Old 08-27-2007, 12:42 PM   #16
kurokoma-kun

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Its called moderation for a reason. Etimago is a shining example of how best to moderate this board.
Couldn't agree more...
kurokoma-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 04:06 PM   #17
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
I was a moderator for a different forum until it got shut down for a while. And believe me, it's not easy being a moderator, esp. when the forum became a political forum... phew... let me tell you, you want to keep everyone happy but you also must know when to draw the line. In the end, you're always going to piss off one party or the other and it's something that you have to accept. No one is going to be 100% happy all the time but to be fair can be very hard sometimes, esp. since we are human beings and we have our biases. OK, enough talk from me.. but that's my experience.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
sherryberry is offline   Reply With Quote