Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2007, 06:15 PM   #1
Tiny-Tunerz

Drives: '04 Audi A4 Quattro 3.0
2008 Yaris? When?

Anyone know when the 2008 Yaris's are expected to come out?
Tiny-Tunerz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 07:38 PM   #2
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
No.

Old 06-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #3
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
Haven't seen word of it anywhere yet.
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 11:11 PM   #4
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
I know I read somewhere or heard from someone who works for Toyota that the 08 models will come out in September I believe?
Old 06-22-2007, 07:04 AM   #5
spinejaruk

Drives: Venetian Silver Yaris
??what a new shape already??
spinejaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:17 AM   #6
roxy84

Drives: 07 black yaris 5 speed lb
yes, major changes for 2008 yaris. the window sticker will say 2008 rather than 2007 and the mileage figures listed will be lower due to the revised test methods. its all very exciting!!
roxy84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 07:40 AM   #7
Edd

Drives: None
Hang on, are we talking about a new design here, or just the next year's models? Because if you buy a car in December this year, it was made in 2007, and when you go to sell it, it's "an '07 model Yaris". So if your question is, when will the next design Yaris come out, well that's anyone's guess. If you are asking when Yarii built in 2008 come out, well, 2008.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:07 AM   #8
grampi

Drives: Corolla
It's just silly to think Toyota would redesign the Yaris already. NOBODY redesigns a model after just one year of production. I'm just hoping the '08 LB's will be available with cruise and a tach.
grampi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:58 AM   #9
hasher22
Look mum no stars!!

Drives: Toyota Yaris 06
Send a message via MSN to hasher22
08 model will have minor changes....nothing big, i think the belt will acually go up and down this time on the pillar!! ARRRG i need that up and down lever thingy!!....

in 5 years time expect a yaris make over

epect in 2 years time, the yaris will have a new styled stocked tail lights, most of the toyota models ive seen has new tail lights for that generation model.
Old 06-22-2007, 09:36 AM   #10
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edd View Post
Hang on, are we talking about a new design here, or just the next year's models? Because if you buy a car in December this year, it was made in 2007, and when you go to sell it, it's "an '07 model Yaris". So if your question is, when will the next design Yaris come out, well that's anyone's guess. If you are asking when Yarii built in 2008 come out, well, 2008.
Ha, I wondered why you typed that until I read your location. :) Here in America we do things stupid. The models sold from September to September are the next year. So the sep Yaris will be an 08 Yaris. Why? It sounds better. As for the redesign, it's every 5 years. There may be some minor tweaks here and there, but the whole car is redesigned only every 5 years.

So yes an 07 October Yaris was made in 07, but it will be an 08 Yaris. I guess you don't have that on the island..
Old 06-22-2007, 12:35 PM   #11
shannon_lee

Drives: Dodge Ram
i talked to a dealer yesterday and he said the 08's are just a few weeks away..but hell that could be anywhere from now to september depending on their definiton of "a few weeks"
shannon_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 01:07 PM   #12
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Typically its a 5year model cycle in the industry for cars at least. Toyota among some others are notorious of "updating" the car mid-cycle, which is a "refresh." Sometimes there exceptions and it comes early. The refresh is obviously some minor tweeks but sometimes there are significant ones, it depends on the sales of that car at the time. Also to keep up with the competition sort to say but without spending millions for a whole new car until that time comes. The new next gen Yaris won't come till 2012 as the 2010 model will be the mid-cycle refresh model if tradition holds. So 08 won't be any different, only tire monitering system to know your tire presure from what I heard but nothing significant that will want to make you dumb your 07's. Now when 2010 rolls around that could be a different story. I know the 08 Corolla's are out, they are just a carry over, but the next gen will come out early next year as an 09! From what I read from someone who builds them. So the 08 model run will be short. Sort of like how the 06 Camry's were short lived as they sped up the process of the new 07 model last year. So as you can see there are exceptions to the rule of life-cycle, just like the Corolla was pushed back to ensure quality control and also Toyota wanted to focus more on the new Tundra and Camry before...not to say the Corolla isn't significant but it was doing decent for this late in the model life cycle.

Dealers and sales people more so don't really know what's going on, they should but I would take what they say with a fine grain of salt especially if your a car buff, Toyota or otherwise.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:11 PM   #13
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
uuuuhmm..

uhmmm it actually does that now on my 07..

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasher22 View Post
08 model will have minor changes....nothing big, i think the belt will acually go up and down this time on the pillar!! ARRRG i need that up and down lever thingy!!....

in 5 years time expect a yaris make over

epect in 2 years time, the yaris will have a new styled stocked tail lights, most of the toyota models ive seen has new tail lights for that generation model.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 05:50 PM   #14
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Leave the current ones as is. Maybe new colors. Bring the 5-dr over!!!! The xD is different enough now that there's no issues with the Yaris RS & Scion xA dividing up the market.
Old 06-22-2007, 06:33 PM   #15
Edd

Drives: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post
Ha, I wondered why you typed that until I read your location. :) Here in America we do things stupid. The models sold from September to September are the next year. So the sep Yaris will be an 08 Yaris. Why? It sounds better. As for the redesign, it's every 5 years. There may be some minor tweaks here and there, but the whole car is redesigned only every 5 years.

So yes an 07 October Yaris was made in 07, but it will be an 08 Yaris. I guess you don't have that on the island..
Ah okay, thanks for explaining that. See here, I would never want a car for christmas, because in a week it would be "last year's model", so you guys could get cars for christmas. Is that the only advantage?
But really, all that's happening is that your car year is different to your actual year (like your acedemic year). So when you sell an '08 model yaris that was made in '07 and you sell it in 2010, physically, it's a 3 year old car, but it just sounds like it's 2. Was this system designed to trick people, because Americans aren't that dumb.
Edd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 08:17 PM   #16
ceres
Club Baby Seals

Drives: Yaris Sedan
Well, if it was done the "correct" way, it's not like it's that different from selling one car made on Jan 1st 2006 & another on Dec 31st 2006.
Old 06-22-2007, 08:22 PM   #17
Shijima

Drives: 07 HB
Search for my posts, I put the dates up somewhere. August is the production month, sept should be hitting dealers, and there are NO new changes for canadian yarii, and I highly doubt any changes for the states either.
Shijima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 09:02 PM   #18
Shroomster
'07 to '12:2 wipers to 1?

Drives: '12 5-door LE & '14 5-door LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by staticorex View Post

the corolla has been the exception to that rule...hehe
Shroomster is offline   Reply With Quote