Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2010, 02:44 PM   #109
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
im assuming tein stech has the lowest drop without going coilover..but had sagging issues..df210 gives agood drop but not low enuff..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 01:36 PM   #110
ozmdd
Reluctantly Crouched...

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB M/T
Anyone have feedback on different spring rates with their coilovers? I see a pretty broad range on this thread, and I'm curious why certain brands seem to offer a much higher rear spring rate than others?
Does anyone have thought on a good balance between streetability and track performance?
ozmdd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 02:21 PM   #111
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
megans are STIFF! real stiff. but i found i got used to it. im on stock shocks/struts and eibach prokits for the winter and when i first but them on they felt super squishy!
Old 01-25-2010, 10:03 PM   #112
mojoyaris
Ecurie Snoopy Lives

Drives: Jojo
Megans are stiff in the rear....if you use the 6kg for the rear.
I have a set of 8kgs for the rear and 7kgs for the front for the Megans.
That's about the highesty you can go for this setup.

Currently using the stock springs with Tokiko HTS's and I need that extra clearance. While everyone else is going for the low and mean look, it doesn't do anything for the car when you bottom out!!!

The setup as it is, is pretty stiff and good control.

Now for a 7kg or lets go up to 10KG for the front, You won't want to drive it much on a bumpy road if the valving is really stiff.

I would say if you're daily driving it. Stick with a good set of progressive rate springs and quality adjustable dampeners(shocks).

The other thing to consider, if you do alot of mountain highway driving on bumpy roads and have a really stiff setup. You won't be going very fast comfortably.

Also to consider your toe and camber angles for the setup as well as bump steer.
Western Canada Rally Association
Ecurie (Team) Snoopy Canada, racing since 1966
mojoyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:01 PM   #113
BlooBeered

Drives: 2007 Yaris S Sedan
Does anyone have a good document, or a link to solid instruction on how to install coil-overs? Info seems patchy, and I'm not expecting much help from whatever documentation comes from the coil-over manufacturer...
Old 04-04-2010, 01:39 AM   #114
Emerge
On a trek to upgrade...

Drives: 2003 Echo Coupe
Does anyone have any FAQ's or links that will be able to give me a basic understanding of a car's suspension? I've never been a handy man, but I am very motivated to learn.

Also, are there any options for the 03 Echo Sedan? I am not looking to race. I do drive free-spiritedly once in a long while, but I am more interested in lowering my ride and replacing my car's parts with better performance parts. I have about 120k miles on the car already, and I've been told I should replace the "struts."

I don't even know what struts are =/...
Emerge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 01:08 AM   #115
TRD93

Drives: 2007 Yaris S sedan
So for the sedan the only coilovers out right now are tein basics, megans and h&r?
Old 06-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #116
advocate

Drives: car
7 pages and no one has listed any of the drop distances for any of these coilover sets
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:35 AM   #117
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i had my megans two and a bit fingers from the top of the spindle and about 1/2" down from the top in the rear

yeilded about 1.75" drop in the front and 2" drop in the rear

next year:
Old 07-13-2010, 05:48 PM   #118
DeathBeard

Drives: 2010 Yaris S
Man I wish there was a way you could run camber plates on the yaris.. sucks resorting to camber bolts..still trying to figure out why toyota went with the design it did on the yaris tophats? Given the honda fits similarity in design they obviously must know something i don't, this car seems narrow and tall, negative camber really transorms this thing, toyota engineers severly cock block
DeathBeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 02:21 PM   #119
Stevo8
I've made a post!

Drives: 2005 EVO 8 RS tuned, Yaris
(If you are looking to start doing Rally, you could always try and check on other Rally oriented forums to get an idea what to look for in suspension specifically geared towards Rallycross or full blown Rally. Another good thing to do is contact Yaris T-Sport, hes the only guy on here who downright has built his car for and done Rallycross in his Yaris. )... this is a quote from page 5 of this forum

I rally cross my Yaris and am doing quite well. http://www.oregonrally.com/files/RX_PM_06_27_10.pdf

My Yaris is currently bone stock except for a hot bits rear Anti sway bar & a TRD air filter.

Does anybody know how to get in touch with T-Sport ( there are 3 similar names listed)

Thanks
Stevo8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 03:28 PM   #120
ddongbap
Banned

Drives: yw calls me douche and racist.
Remember, in off road, you want the lowest you can go. Oh wait..
ddongbap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #121
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddongbap View Post
Remember, in off road, you want the lowest you can go. Oh wait..
Actually yes you do, or as low as your sump guard strength will allow as it becomes an integral part of the suspension if you go too low .
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 05:08 PM   #122
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
So for the sedan the only coilovers out right now are tein basics, megans and h&r?
+ Tanabe, Silk Road, KIDO, and several more. Aren't they listed at the beginning of the thread?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 12:57 AM   #123
botchilah

Drives: white and red shiny things
Hope someone can help me here. A friend basically gave me a slightly used set of D2 RS coil-overs for my Yaris and was curious about the spring rates. Haven't installed them yet. I know the springs can be ordered as custom stuff, but in case you didn't specify what rates to get, do they ship out with a default spring rate set front to rear?

And how tough/reliable are these. I've only had experience with TEIN, HKS Hiprmaxes and Cuscos so D2 is new to me.
08' Yaris HB 5dr: RAYS 57 Motorsports 17X7 / K&N SRI / TANABE axleback exhaust / ULTRA RACING complete braces / MEGAN RACING complete braces / NEX coilovers / NEX 330mm 4-pot front BBK / PENGUIN GARAGE hub spacers / HOTBITS headers / BUDDY CLUB oil cap and rad cap / APP SS brake lines / HKS synthetic lubes / RECARO SR5 seats / TRD shiftknob / cheap FEDERAL (free) tires lol. NEXT: HKS F-CON iS
botchilah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2010, 05:39 PM   #124
rob323
Don't drive it, RALLY it!

Drives: 1999 echo PRC rally car
There should be writing on the springs to tell you the rate and the free length of them.
I have had bad experiences with D2's on other cars, hopefully they work better for you.
rob323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 06:13 PM   #125
itscarboy

Drives: Toyota
C8SPORT SSD Coilovers are also available for the Yaris. Spring rates are 6kg front and 3kg rear.
itscarboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 12:38 AM   #126
bwd1973

Drives: 2011 Yaris
Looking at buying some coilovers asap. I street drive so from what Im reading looks like Tein is the way to go. Anybody have any experience with KSport? They stiffer or softer than Megan? Thanks fellas
bwd1973 is offline   Reply With Quote