Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-14-2010, 09:00 AM   #1
minnyar

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan (5pd)
TRD SSK & Shift Cable Bushings Issue/Question

I had previosly installed TRD's short shifter (very similar to NST SSK 1) and last night installed the NST shift linkage bushings. The larger bushing, to which the TRD short shift kit is installed, was very hard to get on. I had to torque the cable quite a bit to get it on. Shift action seems fine, but I am concerned about the effort it took to put the bushing over the pintle. Anyone else have this issue? Should I just remove that bushing to make myself feel better or can I rest easy?

-As an aside, I now have every shifter related goody, except for the TWM short shifter which I do not want because of added effort. I have the TRD engine bay short shifter, NST SSK2, 2" shifter extension, shift cage bushings, shift linkage bushings, and an unweighted shift knob. The action is superb: short precise shifts, reasonable effort, and zero play once in gear. It's how I would imagine a gated shifter to be, but without a gated shifter Oh, and the added height of the shifter extension is great, much more comfortable.
minnyar is offline   Reply With Quote