Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-21-2014, 05:00 AM   #1
aleksii

Drives: Yaris
2006 Yaris Fuel Pump and relay

Hi all,

My first post here, so I hope I'm thorough enough.

My wife's Yaris is having the dreadful issue of not starting. It cranks but just will not turn over. I have an engine light on.

I have checked:

Battery OK
All fuses OK
Fuel level half full
Spark plugs OK (1 month old)
Removed one spark plug, grounded to battery and confirms it fires

Only thing I am left to think is that the fuel pump has died. I can't hear it pumping any fuel prior to turning the key over.

I am having issues locating the fuel pump relay. Can anyone tell me where to find it? I am in Australia so chances are that the location of fuse boxes is different to America etc.

One thing I have done is removed the rear seat and removed the cover for the fuel pump/filter assembly. When I removed one of the tubes (middle tube that has the yellow clip http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=42906) and it poured out with some fuel and the splattered air and fuel and then stopped. I assume this is because I didnt remove any pressure from it via the fuel fill cap.

ANY help would be greatly appreciated.
aleksii is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fuel, fuel pump, fuses, relay