Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-15-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
Snyprwlf47
The Martian

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to Snyprwlf47 Send a message via Yahoo to Snyprwlf47
Washer fluid warning light "Backwards"

Okay so for the months since I got my car back from the body shop I have thought that they had wired the low washer fluid sensor wrong and that's why it was always on. Today I realize that when I'm low on fluid it goes off and when i fill it up it comes back on? So basically I have a Substantial amount of fluid warning light now-eye roll- I was wondering if the wires are just backwards so I wouldnt pull the bumper off for nothing?
Old 02-15-2010, 08:44 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
It's just a simple float switch that brings the line to ground when the level is low. I would bet that they installed the switch in upside down. It's not keyed to only be installed in one direction and it just has a tiny "V Down V" molded into one side of the lip.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2010, 08:47 PM   #3
Snyprwlf47
The Martian

Drives: 07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to Snyprwlf47 Send a message via Yahoo to Snyprwlf47
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
It's just a simple float switch that brings the line to ground when the level is low. I would bet that they installed the switch in upside down.
That just makes me laugh...I guess ill check it out when I get the time, they also put the wrong pump on the rear fluid hose and busted the hose inside the headliner>.<

Tags
washer fluid light