Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-29-2015, 06:47 AM   #1
mrpj

Drives: 2014 Icon+ 1.33l Multidrive
A/c fan operation.

My 2014 French Yaris was main dealer serviced a month ago. It has dual climate control which I set to auto, a/c on and 20degC.
Prior to the service (could be coincidence) and when switching off the engine I could hear the cooling fan coming to a stop. The fan would not be running because the water temp. was high but presumably because the a/c was on.
Since the service I no longer hear the cooling fan running down. I have checked under the bonnet with engine running and the a/c on and the fan starts and stops in conjunction with the a/c compressor loading and unloading.
So after the above ramble, does anyone know which is correct before I contact the dealership and possibly make a fool of myself!?
Should the cooling fan run continuously when the a/c is on or should it stop and start in time with the compressor unloading and loading?
Stopping and starting would surely be no good for the fan motor and the fan relay.
mrpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 06:57 AM   #2
IllusionX
It's the illusion you see

Drives: 07 Yaris Sedan Aero
A/c fan operation.

The condenser fan is shared with the radiator. It does turn on and off and is not an issue.