Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-06-2010, 10:00 AM   #1
ja-cordero

Drives: Yaris Sedan Base 1.5 A/T
Smile sprintbooster in yaris sedan a/t

does anybody has installed?

what benefits does it have?
ja-cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:29 PM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
What's a sprintbooster?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2010, 05:39 PM   #3
Freedan

Drives: 2010 Yaris Bayou Blue 3DR Lift
Sprintbooster looks like one of those "Performance Chips". If I'm wrong, please feel free to correct me.
Freedan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:17 PM   #4
ja-cordero

Drives: Yaris Sedan Base 1.5 A/T
please visit http://www.sprintboosterusa.com/ and check it....

"Sprint Booster is engineered to enhance the driving experience by providing increased acceleration time (eliminating delay) on drive-by-wire cars by continuously measuring and converting the digital signal and providing the ECM (Electronic Control Module) with a new and altered signal for much quicker response. Sprint Booster improves response, increases pedal input sensitivity and delivers more impressive off the line performance you can really feel."

tell me your comments!!

thanks
ja-cordero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 12:55 PM   #5
yarisugi
やりすぎだ~

Drives: Me: Nuts:
sprintbooster = another version of a throttle controller.
The benefit is exactly what you quoted above.
It doesn't add horsepower, but improves throttle response in drive-by-wire vehicles.
You can search for "throttle controller" on this forum and find different brands.
Here is an example from Sabretooth LINK
yarisugi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:20 PM   #6
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdman View Post
Sprint booster has a great rep in the Porsche community if that says anything. There is no competition. Ignore it and miss out. It has a 100% money back guarantee so you cant lose. Many prefer using the automatic transmission model on the manual transmission for it's smoother performance. Google Sprint Booster Porsche, BMW, Audi etc. These are sold by some of the top racing tuners in the country.
No kidding! You also forgot to mention that it won the "Best New Product" award at SEMA in 2009.

http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...oduct-at-sema/

This is the real deal, not some crappy "performance chip" scam.

Haven't tried it yet, but maybe one day I will.
Old 09-27-2015, 06:58 PM   #7
kustomrtr

Drives: 2k7 Yaris
If it was half its price I'd definitely get one, but $300 for a product that only gets HP on the butt dyno doesn't seem worth it to me...

Current Mods:
aFe Cold Air Intake | Tanabe Medalion Touring (decatted) | TEIN S-Tech Lowering Springs
3000k HID fog lights | HID Custom Headlight Retrofit | Hellas Supertones | Ralco Short Shifter.

To-do list:
Lightened NST Pulleys | DC Sports Headers | TEIN Street Advance Coilovers
kustomrtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 08:51 PM   #8
invader166
Pumpman

Drives: 2019 Kia Soul EV Base
I think it's kinda the same idea as the light-weight pulleys. It won't create HP, (unless you use an under-drive pulley) but it'll allow for a faster climb towards the engine's peak power curve. This is because you no longer have to press your gas pedal as much as before to reach full throttle.

Pretty ingenious, I must say.
Old 11-24-2015, 09:51 PM   #9
birdman

Drives: '08 Blazing Blue Yaris LB
Let me try again. The Sprint Booster plugs in between the gas pedal and the wiring harness connector where it modifies the electric current to eliminate the annoying lag most electronic gas pedals have. This lag can be over a second in many cases. There is no way to duplicate what the Sprint Booster does by manually applying greater pressure to the gas pedal because the lag will still be there even if you apply pressure on the pedal before releasing the clutch on a manual transmission. The Sprint Booster automatically reduces the lag in green mode and eliminates it in red mode on the remote three position LED illuminated switch. There are 2 versions. A manual and an automatic transmission version though the automatic has been designed for not just automatic transmission but are compatible with manual transmission too, providing a bit less aggressive experience that many prefer. Those who have track cars often like the manual version as it gives you access to "in your face" power causing very sensitive starts. The Sprint Booster gives you direct access to the cars power unlike anything else anywhere near this price range.

Everyone who tries these loves them. EVERYONE! The only people who take issue with them have never tried one. The founder of "Planet-9" Porsche owners forum was a long time skeptic who came up with all kinds of elaborate arguments why the Sprint Booster could not work until a tuner shop let him try both versions for free. Once he tried them both and chose the one he wanted he became an instant fan and put up a "how to install" write up with photographs. I think it is reasonable to assume that Porsche tuners are at least as knowledgeable as Yaris tuners. There are always people who criticize everything but for those that want to try the Sprint Booster there is a 30 day trial period and a solid return policy. I am in no way connected to this manufacturer. Once I tried one on my 2008 Yaris automatic I became a believer too.
birdman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
a/t, chip, modification, sprintbooster, yaris