Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-24-2015, 07:36 PM   #37
tmontague

Drives: '08 2zr swapped Vios M/T
Thanks man, glad it was useful. Are you planning on taking the magnaflow to to shop and have it all welded on? That set up looks exactly the same as the stock Toyota set up, is that specifically for the Yaris?

My recommendation to anyone doing an exhaust and has some cash flow would be to purchase a magnaflow (or other known brand) SS resonator and muffler and 2.25" mandrel piping. Then take it to a good exhaust shop and have them remove the second cat and then weld it all together for you.

I was limited in my budget and i'm very pleased with the results but when the exhaust rots out down the road i'll likely go with what I just recommended.

I had a good talk with YW member "thebarber" and he mentioned the stock resonator not being restrictive. He just recommended doing a resonator back exhaust.

After measuring and comparing the stock resonator to an aftermarket one I agree. I can't say how much the 2nd cat delete does for performance but I don't doubt it helps improve the sound by removing it.

I'm a tree hugger and after lookin at the emission system in the Yaris I had no issues deleting it. I recommend it for any aftermarket exhaust system.

Other members on this forum were spot on about 2.5" being too big and losing torque. If you did a 2nd cat and resonator delete then i'd probably recommend 2" mandrel bent, unless you're boosted. I have 2.25" but the resonator is 1.8" - 2" straight through and it' crush bent piping.