Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-12-2015, 07:28 PM   #19
Flammable

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE
Quote:
Originally Posted by stran View Post
I see your location is California. What dealership did you go to? I need to have this work done on my car too. I want to make sure I avoid this particular dealership.
I went to Steven's Creek Toyota in San Jose. The original repair order stated: "PERFORM EOM SPIRAL CABLE REPLACEMENT TO BE PERFORMED BY CERTIFIED ELEC. TECH. OR ABOVE ONLY!!!!"

I don't know what EOM stands for. But the all caps and four exclamation point implies that it's important the person fixing it is qualified. Based on my experience, I'd say so. If you take it in, I suggest verifying that the repair will be performed by a certified electrical technician.

On a related note, the Track Assembly work order states:
"3-Door Yaris Only TO BE PERFORMED BY MST. TECH. MDT,CERT. OR EXPERT TECH"

No exclamation points here.

For what it's worth, the original service advisor on the flawed repair was listed as "Nathan Burstein". The second service advisor who offered me the oil change was "John Zrimc". John was fine - I thought everything was handled professionally and he offered me the rental car and 5K service without my asking. Service advisor probably isn't important though because they don't perform or check the work order, just a liaison to the customer.

My airbag assembly worked itself loose after driving over a series of speed bumps. I think it'd be a good idea to check a few times after rough driving. Good luck and hope things turned out better than it did for me.[/QUOTE]I am taking my 2012 Yaris SE to the Toyota Dealership this Saturday for recall work to replace the airbag sensor on the passenger side. Am praying all goes well. I have not used this dealership for any major repairs, only 2 years worth of 5000 mile oil changes that came with the car when I bought it.
Flammable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 12:15 AM   #20
yarisbird

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB Bayou Blue
Thanks. I'm actually in Southern California and will be taking the car to Elmore Toyota in Westminster. My other concern is that I did the "Yarisworld DIY" cruise control installation about 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, the installation involved a connection to the spiral cable. I hope they won't try to disqualify me from the spiral cable replacement based on this "modification." If they do, I suppose it's not a big deal. Having the cruise control is awesome.
yarisbird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 02:09 AM   #21
stran

Drives: '07 Yaris 3D HB Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisbird View Post
Thanks. I'm actually in Southern California and will be taking the car to Elmore Toyota in Westminster. My other concern is that I did the "Yarisworld DIY" cruise control installation about 4 years ago. If I remember correctly, the installation involved a connection to the spiral cable. I hope they won't try to disqualify me from the spiral cable replacement based on this "modification." If they do, I suppose it's not a big deal. Having the cruise control is awesome.
I had the DIY cruise control installed on my car (an automatic). It wasn't an issue with the repair work. My installation did not involve the spiral cable - I can't see why the spiral cable would be involved. I ran my cable through the passenger footwell into the engine compartment and into the ECM.
stran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2015, 06:15 AM   #22
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by yarisbird View Post
With the OEM DIY cruise you connected an OEM part to an OEM connector, so it should not be an issue.
Old 03-15-2015, 12:36 AM   #23
yarisbird

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB Bayou Blue
Great! Thanks for the replies.
yarisbird is offline   Reply With Quote