Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2011, 01:04 AM   #1
grelise

Drives: 07 YR Yaris 5dr Hatch
MY07 Yaris Hatch YR

Thought I may as well put my second car on here;

Ride;
2007 Toyota Yaris 5dr Hatch YR

Engine;
1.3ltr DOHC VVTi

Transmission;
4sp Auto

Exterior Mods;
RS Rear wing
Reverse Cam
Interior Mods;
7 " DVD, Satnav Player
Roof mounted DVD player
Sony 6" splits

Driveline;
Stock

Suspension;
Stock

Wheels/Tyres;
16" Enkei SC24 with 205/45/87W Maxxis MAV-1 Tyres

Future Plans;
Toyota Genuine Body Enhancement Kit
Lowered on Dobinson or TEIN Street Coilovers

Pics;
Before

After

With the new wing;

The little engine that could

Interior

New HU and Roof mounted DVD unit;

The half of the interior I took out;

So I could install this;

Keeps the kids happy in the back.
I bought this car brand new for my wife in 2007 with only 50km on the clock. Now, it has only passed 32,000km.

Originally, my wife wanted this kept strictly stock, stayed that way till we needed new tyres. So, she said she wanted Rims, I found the set of Enkeis on sale, missus liked the price, so, the modding began. lol

Next she wanted a rear wing big enough to keep most of the sun of the rear window and therefor off the kids. The only thing that Toyota had was the small lip spoiler found on the YRX. Then discovered that Toyota sells an RS version in Japan,Europe and the US. And the Wing on that model fits what she is after. So, a quick search and one was found, paid for and is now sitting at home ready for painting. It is a genuine one made from ABS plastic, same as what front and rear bars are made from.

Once it's fitted she'll then decide on whether she wants the YRX kit.

This car is quite underestimated, the interior room and versitility is very good. Have managed to put a 42" Plasma TV in it's box standing up in the back, and with the rear seats folded flat, will take 1200x900x18mm sheets of MDF. I've had 10 in the car and didn't miss a beat.

Very economical for it's engine size, it has taken 3 Adults 2 Children from Townsville - Tully - RTN and 550km round trip on a tank, the tank size is 45ltrs. It is a very good city car.

Last edited by grelise; 01-05-2013 at 05:04 AM.
grelise is offline   Reply With Quote