Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-30-2012, 05:13 PM   #19
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
fack, lol i read that thread but somehow i stopped reading after #5!!

thanks!

EDIT: Will the high beam indicator still work if i decide to get rid of HID and put back the stock halogens bulb later?

Last edited by caineroad; 06-30-2012 at 05:28 PM.
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 09:10 PM   #20
biotope

Drives: VIOS (FL, 06 model)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
That is a tricky diagram to follow unless you can read the language. The green and blue do seem to be the low beam (green) and high beam (blue) connections.

So:

Green to Red/light blue

Blue to Red/yellow
The chinese text mentioned means:

1. Green is to connect to left and right headlights (never mention whether is low or high beam)

2. Blue is to connect to the license plate light, left and right side light (not sure which lights they referring to) and display light. Question - is there any wire to tap for these lights signal?
biotope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 11:17 PM   #21
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by biotope View Post
The chinese text mentioned means:

1. Green is to connect to left and right headlights (never mention whether is low or high beam)

2. Blue is to connect to the license plate light, left and right side light (not sure which lights they referring to) and display light. Question - is there any wire to tap for these lights signal?
Since it is for automatic on of the lights, I would say that green then goes to low beams.

For the blue, that would go to the green wire on the bottom right of your picture. Those lights are switched on the positive side, rather than negative like the headlights.

So, you will have to add a relay where the blue wire switches the ground side of the coil (and the positive side of the coil is connected to your ACC power wire). Then the normally open contacts will connect to the green wire on the headlight switch connector and to the green/white wire, which is the second to last wire on the opposite side of the bottom of the connector.
Old 07-01-2012, 07:28 AM   #22
biotope

Quote:
Since it is for automatic on of the lights, I would say that green then goes to low beams.

For the blue, that would go to the green wire on the bottom right of your picture. Those lights are switched on the positive side, rather than negative like the headlights.

So, you will have to add a relay where the blue wire switches the ground side of the coil (and the positive side of the coil is connected to your ACC power wire). Then the normally open contacts will connect to the green wire on the headlight switch connector and to the green/white wire, which is the second to last wire on the opposite side of the bottom of the connector.
What is the function of green/white wire? Do you have the entire headlight switch connector layout?
Old 07-01-2012, 10:40 AM   #23
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
What is the function of green/white wire? Do you have the entire headlight switch connector layout?
The green/white feeds the tail lights, license plate light, and front corner lights that come on when you turn the headlight switch to the first click (often called parking lights here in the US).

Attached are the illumination and headlight EWDs.

Vios - Headlight.pdf

Vios - Illumination.pdf
Old 07-01-2012, 09:01 PM   #24
biotope

Quote:
The green/white feeds the tail lights, license plate light, and front corner lights that come on when you turn the headlight switch to the first click (often called parking lights here in the US).

Attached are the illumination and headlight EWDs.

Attachment 47507

Attachment 47508
Thanks, have a better visualization on how the switching system works.

Tried to draw up something for the relay connection, is my understanding correct?

Old 07-01-2012, 09:13 PM   #25
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Thanks, have a better visualization on how the switching system works.

Tried to draw up something for the relay connection, is my understanding correct?

Correct
Old 07-08-2012, 12:42 AM   #26
Qmobile
that's right I went there

Drives: '08 Blazin' Blue,'10 Dark Red
sweet mod! never worry bout turnin on ur lights again

suggestions always welcome
Qmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 02:26 AM   #27
biotope

Quote:
Correct
Finally managed to spare time trying out the installation. Some issue encountered, not sure if you could advice?

Without the relay connection for the parking lights, everything works well. It could auto on the headlight in the dark and off the headlight in the bright.

But when I made the relay connection, it will auto on the headlight & parking lights in the dark but fails to off the headlight & parking in the bright. I could hear the relay switching sound but the headlight & parking lights remain on.

Tried to change another relay, still having the same issue. Any idea what goes wrong?
Old 07-26-2012, 10:25 PM   #28
biotope

Quote:
Finally managed to spare time trying out the installation. Some issue encountered, not sure if you could advice?

Without the relay connection for the parking lights, everything works well. It could auto on the headlight in the dark and off the headlight in the bright.

But when I made the relay connection, it will auto on the headlight & parking lights in the dark but fails to off the headlight & parking in the bright. I could hear the relay switching sound but the headlight & parking lights remain on.

Tried to change another relay, still having the same issue. Any idea what goes wrong?
Still cannot figure out why the parking lights cannot turn on by the autolight sensor. Maybe the output from autolight sensor for the parking lights portion is faulty.

Thinking of making some changes to the circuit by using the autolight sensor for the headlight portion. Below is the layout, not sure if this connection feasible? Any views?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:39 AM   #29
CTScott
ULTIMATE

That should be fine.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:55 AM   #30
yours_falsely

Drives: 2008 Yaris sedan
Do the headlights automatically come on when the stalk is in the off position? If so, can you still manually activate your headlights using the stalk?
yours_falsely is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 09:26 PM   #31
biotope

Quote:
Originally Posted by yours_falsely View Post
Do the headlights automatically come on when the stalk is in the off position? If so, can you still manually activate your headlights using the stalk?
Yes, the headlights will turn on automatically even when the stalk is in the off position. You could also turn your headlights on using the stalk as well.

For the sensor that i have installed, it comes with an on/off switch for me to disable the sensor as and when required.
Old 11-06-2016, 09:37 PM   #32
camry1998
I've made a post!

Drives: camry 1998
Thank you very much for the How to ...
I know that is not the Camry 1998 forum. But have the YCL light sensor 301. I have installed HID lights in my 1998 Toyota Camry. I have tried many times to make the automatic light sensor work but I have never succeeded.

My main problem is a brown wire. This "Brown" wire allegedly go to be connected to a "Mid Control Lock Down End" trigger anodic electricity.

You have some solution, images or schematic for this situation. I'll be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your help.

Last edited by camry1998; 11-06-2016 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Add Images
camry1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:55 PM   #33
camry1998
I've made a post!

Thank you very much for the How to ...
I know that is not the Camry 1998 forum. But have the YCL light sensor 301. I have installed HID lights in my 1998 Toyota Camry. I have tried many times to make the automatic light sensor work but I have never succeeded.

My main problem is a brown wire. This "Brown" wire allegedly go to be connected to a "Mid Control Lock Down End" trigger anodic electricity.

You have some solution, images or schematic for this situation. I'll be very grateful.

Thank you very much for your help.
This is the Multi Switch Connector
Old 11-06-2016, 10:10 PM   #34
camry1998
I've made a post!

1998 toyota camry headlights combination switch connector plug
http://i438.photobucket.com/albums/q...102_190122.jpg