Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-18-2010, 03:48 PM   #1
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
A Friend's "new" Car...

Just unveiled at SBN in Daytona last weekend:

As I remember Scott saying, this engine makes 925 HP and has a 250 shot of nitrous. Of course it will NEVER see the road thankfully...there's too much into the whole package here. The sound system, with only a few weeks of tuning, "It was competed at the IASCA North American Championships last weekend and won the expert two-seat division and class with a 900+ score sheet, the highest score ever recorded in IASCA competition. It also won the Tuner Jam competition's Best of Show, amongst 150+ cars."

Thoughts?

Old 03-18-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
HOLY SH*T

that is all.
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 07:52 PM   #3
H3LlIoN

Drives: '09 Yarrrr hatch
If he was worried about somebody stealing it, he coulda' just gotten the club...

Sweet build though, very clean. Too bad it won't see pavement.

Special thanks to Cali Yaris, 1NZYaris1 and lilredrocket
H3LlIoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:24 PM   #4
TEHxFALLEN V1.2
Banned

Drives: '08 Lexus IS-F
Send a message via AIM to TEHxFALLEN V1.2
OMFG it's just so beautiful.

Looks like a romantic place to make love in lol.

Sponsored by: Micro Image
http://microimageonline.com
TEHxFALLEN V1.2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 09:26 PM   #5
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
that is a work of art. It is too bad that engine will never be used though.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:43 PM   #6
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I hear all of that. I love seeing built engines get tested at the drag strip...

Scott is a sound guy at heart. I guess it really is just showing the potential versus proving it. There's SO much about this car that people don't know about.

Like that touch screen...He had a friend write thousands of lines of code just to interface the piece and make it work into this application.

The interior material is the very same that is ussed in producing the interiors for Bently/Rolls Royce vehicles.

There's so much more I don't even know about. I'll have to ask though. I'm still cleaning my shorts up after seeing the 4 McIntosh amps. That was a pretty penny there.
Old 03-18-2010, 10:56 PM   #7
silver_vios
Banned

Drives: yaris sedan
I like everything but the interior. It looks like a bad 50's sci fi movie
silver_vios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2010, 11:35 PM   #8
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I understand. Can't please everyone all the time. It is functional however. You can bet that the interior is a little bit anechoic compared to other vehicles.
Old 03-18-2010, 11:40 PM   #9
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Does the touchscreen also double as the gauges for the car?
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 04:53 AM   #10
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I think it does, at least to a point. I'll ask Scott to see.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:25 AM   #11
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffiend View Post
HOLY SH*T

that is all.

some one needs to change there shorts , me think
i know i almost did
what a machine , petty it will never see the road though .
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 09:39 AM   #12
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I hear you. I'd like to at least see the dyno run for it. Regardless, it's made to do one thing and one thing very well...win sound championships. I did do very well in it's first test, scoring the highest ever recorded in IASCA SQ competition.

...and some people want to tell me I'm on the wrong side going with HAT...

The following is from Scott himself. Notice the last part about the screen controls:

"Yes, there are four MCC602TM's in the car; all four are vertically biamplifed because there are eight voice coils in the system.

McIntosh MCC602TM's were used because they are the best two-channel amplifier on the market today. Can anyone say S/N ratio approaching 122 dB? Plus, no one uses Mc anymore, I think they're classy and sexy, and really go along with the theme of the installation (exotic car with European or Italian-style interior).

The interior is 100% unprocessed horse leather from the same dye lot. The black is real Italian alcantara. The carpet is real Bentley wilton wool. The goal was to create the luxury/exotic feel of a $400K Italian sports car. The symmetry and geometry of the interior was naturally fabricated to compliment the listening experience. The car's "listenable area" is wider by four inches and deeper by seven inches over stock. The acoustic tiles have been strategically placed. The seats are bolted to the modified stainless steel floor pan for improvement in listening position. I could go on and on...

What were the factors in changing your dash contruction? Ancient Chinese secret, young wee hopper.

What does the touch screen interface have the capability to display? You name it, everything. Performance components such as EGT, oil temp, oil pressure, coolant temp, injector duty, etc. It also displays voltage monitoring at 24 different locations, fuse monitoirng at 24 different locations, temperature monitoring at 8 different locations, temperature thresholds and colling, controlls all OEM functions (such as head lights, high beams, turn signals, windows, door locks, etc.), and also controlls all after market stuff, like motorization, lighting, accessory functions, and etc."

Last edited by sqcomp; 03-19-2010 at 01:08 PM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #13
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
i could only dream about doing something like that
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2010, 05:44 PM   #14
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
that's a really complete treatment

I like the whole thing. If I had to pick at it, I'd say the wrinkly Sparcos could be replaced.

nice show car!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2010, 03:09 AM   #15
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

I seem to remember that those seats were hand wrapped with the Alcantera suede. I hear you about the wrinkles, I noticed that too.

That strip is really decorative more than anything else, it's all HAT logos.

That rear "window" is not a window actually. It's all shaped fiberglass that is finished to look like glass. It also motors up and down to reveal the other two McIntosh amps (as you can see). The other thing that you don't notice in these pictures...on the inside with the display acrylic. It actually shades itself on demand. I have a video of it, but I can't upload it here in Iraq.

I think the link is good:

http://www.12velectronics.net/images...bettyglass.WMV

It is a short video, but you can see that the glass shades on demand...

All displys are controlled off the center touchscreen. EVERYTHING...is controlled off that screen. There are SO many gauges that are represented through that thing, I could have at least 40 more screen shots of just the display alone. It's sick.
Old 03-21-2010, 11:42 AM   #16
hachi-roku_fan

Drives: 1986 Toyota Corolla
I guess I'm te only one that doesn't like it lol outside and engine work are amazing, interior is too weird for me. It's a show car I guess so there's no need for a rear window. All in all great fabrication/worksmanship. Even if I don't like it, I still have much respect for the craftsmanship involved
hachi-roku_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2010, 11:46 AM   #17
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I need to see that in person, just so I can say I was in the same room as that beautiful, beautiful car.

JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote